Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your warm welcome to the site! Super excited to share thoughts, opinions and memories with you all!

I'm going to dive right in with a question for the group. I want to pick up an "Automatic Pro" vehicle monitoring system for the new Frontier (link at the bottom of the post if you're unfamiliar) to help report information like in-the-moment fuel data, engine and electrical system information, provide auto crash response and more. Retails for $130 through their website and doesn't have any additional update or subscription costs that I can find.

Does anyone have experience with Automatic? Thoughts? Feedback? Hidden costs? I will happily provide a review on this thread if/when I purchase and use it for an extended period of time.

Automatic Pro Website: https://www.automatic.com/pro/

Warm regards,
Jeremy

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
I've never heard of it...but it does say "unlimited 3G subscription for 5 years." I don't see where it says the cost after 5 years, but I guess it will likely be outdated by that time.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Interesting .But if you have an Android phone you can buy an obdii elm 327 Bluetooth adapter on eBay for 10 dollars and use the torque app which would have better engine diagnostics and multiple gauge options if that's what you are after?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both of you for your replies!

No Android device here, Apple iOS and macOS household all of the way.

Automatic, while more expensive upfront, provides much more than just engine codes (if anything, engine code diagnostics are the feature I'm interested in the least - brand new truck, likely won't have any need to check engine codes anytime soon). I'm more interested in some of the other features and data Automatic provides, that not for nothing, were part of my last vehicles infotainment system from the factory. Up-to-the-second fuel economy, emergency crash response, tire pressure data and different logging abilities (trip logging, fill-up logging, etc.). I also think its integration with third party iOS applications is pretty sweet - I can pair the Automatic with my Hue smart lights, when I pull in my driveway my lights will automatically come on.

There is a Best Buy within ten miles of me that has a few in stock. I'll likely swing down there today and pick one up before the big game. Give me a chance to test drive it without having to wait for it to ship from the website.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sounds great .I did not realize that the trucks computer actually was giving a true tire psi output reading.so that would be great to pickup.Also I tried with torque to pickup an instantaneous mpg and or average, both of which my 16 sv does not have.i was not able to pick that info up.let us know how it works and good luck.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sounds pretty cool. Give it a shot and give us a nice little review on it. I went with torque pro. I grabbed a free cell phone and configured it to work perfectly in my truck. You can read about it here if you would like http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f24/all-one-android-device-304410/

I am interested to see if the frontier gives out the tire pressures. If.it does I want to configure that on my device.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts