Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently switched to Mobile 0W-30 and just ran across AMSOIL carrying the same type of oil. Does anyone out there use AMSOIL 0W-30 in their truck?

I found this chart on the AMSOIL site - check it out and let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!

https://www.amsoil.com/graphs/sso_4ball_large.gif

Attachments

·
Registered
985 Posts
Mobile has a chart like that. Just the names are rearranged to show Mobile on top.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mobil 1 0W-30 Advanced Fuel Economy

Mobile has a chart like that. Just the names are rearranged to show Mobile on top.
Poppop what does their chart illustrate? On this independent test it shows Amsoil having the least wear scar of all the listed ones.

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
i have been using amsoil since 2006 when i bought my frontier! I put it in, run 7000 miles, change filter, top off oil level, run 7000 more miles and change it all! I love it. i run amsoil in rear diff, xfer case, and tranny as well. and amsoil in every atv i own!
Have you actually had a sample tested from the 7k and then from the 14k change? I'd be very interested in seeing how it turns out.

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
never had samples taken. where would i got to have this done?
Blackstone Labs

This is the site that most use. I think it only costs 20 bucks and they give you a very comprehensive report. Their cost has gone up to 22.50 from the 20 bucks it used to be.

I just find it hard to run an oil past 6-7k and up to 15k or the 25k Amsoil advertises.

·
Registered
874 Posts
WOW! Seems like people put a lot of faith in something as cheap as oil, I am a 3-3.5k guy! When I had my shop I used to freak when a car came in at 5k for an oil change!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've changed oil and filter every 5K miles on my last 5 or 6 vehicles. All have gone more than 200,000 miles. None were using oil or smoking when I got rid of them. Never used anything but plain old pennzoil.
jim

·
Registered
19 Posts
I use AmsOils and change the oil and filter every 6 months. I only put about 10K miles per year on my everyday driver

1 - 11 of 11 Posts