Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for used headlights for the evil twin!>:D AKA Suzuki Equator. I want to try the black headlight mod but i am too afraid of ruining mine. These are hard to find if i ruin one, so i thought i would look for some to mod if i can...
then i would have replacements ::grin::
This is one of the few parts that are different between the twins.

·
Premium Member
6,101 Posts
I sure like the looks of Equators...but that exclusivity can work against a guy.
Good luck w/ your project.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
You try looking on Ebay? I know there aren't many Equators out there but I would think somebody might have a set of used lights for sale. What about getting a set of cheap aftermarket lights? You could put those on your truck while you take your time modding your stock lights.

I have to agree with, rush. I think the front ends of the Equators look pretty cool. To me, they look like a cross between an Xterra & maybe a little bit of Dodge Dakota?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You try looking on Ebay? I know there aren't many Equators out there but I would think somebody might have a set of used lights for sale. What about getting a set of cheap aftermarket lights? You could put those on your truck while you take your time modding your stock lights.

I have to agree with, rush. I think the front ends of the Equators look pretty cool. To me, they look like a cross between an Xterra & maybe a little bit of Dodge Dakota?
I love the Equator, the changes to the front end look great. The titans are looking more like the equator too. IMHO, I like my grill and headlights better than the frontier, but that difference has a price...

Yeah, they never made many aftermarket parts for the equator since it only lasted 3 years before Suzuki went out of the car biz. The only things you can find are frontier parts that stayed the same on the zuke. Things like a rock deflector/bug shield etc. were never in demand and were never made. I think there were less than 6,000 trucks made or sold total. And, as it turns out, I am one of maybe 10 that wants to do mods and improve and have fun with it.

·
Premium Member
6,101 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Yeah, they never made many aftermarket parts for the equator since it only lasted 3 years before Suzuki went out of the car biz. The only things you can find are frontier parts that stayed the same on the zuke. Things like a rock deflector/bug shield etc. were never in demand and were never made. I think there were less than 6,000 trucks made or sold total. And, as it turns out, I am one of maybe 10 that wants to do mods and improve and have fun with it.
Man, you're not kidding about there being pretty much nothing as far as aftermarket parts for the Equator goes. At least for front end pieces anyways. I did a bit of looking on the 'ol internet for aftermarket replacement lights & I couldn't find hardly anything! :shock:

I figured with it being out for a couple or so years there HAD to be at least somebody that was making replacement parts for them. Nope. Out of about an hour looking online I think I came across 4 or so replacement headlights. And to be completely honest, I'm not 100% sure the ones I found were even the correct lights. Geeeeze, that sucks! So, if you get into an accident, how the heck are you (or the body shop) supposed to get parts to repair it!?? :huh:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man, you're not kidding about there being pretty much nothing as far as aftermarket parts for the Equator goes. At least for front end pieces anyways. I did a bit of looking on the 'ol internet for aftermarket replacement lights & I couldn't find hardly anything! :shock:

I figured with it being out for a couple or so years there HAD to be at least somebody that was making replacement parts for them. Nope. Out of about an hour looking online I think I came across 4 or so replacement headlights. And to be completely honest, I'm not 100% sure the ones I found were even the correct lights. Geeeeze, that sucks! So, if you get into an accident, how the heck are you (or the body shop) supposed to get parts to repair it!?? :huh:
Thanks for taking the time to look! it is sad there is not more out there.

I have been in an accident, got rear ended pretty bad. The good thing - I said rear ended! The parts are all the same for the back of the truck so the shop was able to find almost everything. The bad - my frame was bent beyond repair but since insurance did not want to total it, they had to order a new frame in from oversea (because Nissan would not garantee that a Nissan frame would fit, even though it is exactly the same frame...) It took several months to get it. They also had to get my RMZ-4 sticker from Suzuki. They completely disassembled and reassembled my entire truck, and then add in the body work, 3 months later, I had a nearly new truck again...

I can only hope to not have another accident, and if i do that they have a stockpile at Suzuki of the custom front end parts I might need.
That or Chip Foose can work his magic on it any day he wants to!!!!

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Whaaaaaaaat!!?? Holy crap-ola! I bet whoever the insurance adjuster was for your job got his butt reamed six ways from sunday after all that!! :shock:

No problem at all looking for you. I would've bet good money there was at least one company out there making replacement lights for your truck. I even thought maybe the Xterra lights might fit since they look pretty similar. Have you tried comparing your front end to an Xterra's? It seems (at least to me) theres just too much of a difference in the shape of your front end compared to the X. I might be wrong about them being too different since I was trying to compare pictures of each on a computer screen. Just me doing some brainstorming is all. :smile:

You got my curiosity peaked now & I'll do a bit more looking & will let ya know if I come up with anything. In the meantime, good luck & let us know if you find something.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts