Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this was the spot to post a wanted ad, so my bad mods!

Anyway, I'm looking for some used 265/70R16 tires. Preferably a full set, but right now two or three will suffice. Reason I'm looking for used is because I can't afford a full set of new tires with how things are going right now, and I'll be hitting a lot of hwy mileage pretty soon. I don't care if my tires don't match, safety is my concern right now since two are really low on thread.

So before you decide to throw out your old set, please PM me an offer.

Thanks!!

So. Cal and Arizona area is preferred, but if my current tires can make it, LOL, I'd be willing to head out to Nor. Cal and So. Nevada area. :D

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
255/75/16 BFG M/T Tires go for around $100 each last time i checked. Super good deal if you ask me. Tirerack or discounttires might have some in stock. Should come with good warranty.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! Yeah I know those are great offers and all, and a month ago I wouldn't have had any problem getting myself a new set of BFG M/Ts that I really wanted, but things come up and when it comes to it, they're just tires.. so they can get me to where I'm going for now so that I can get a brand new set later on when things pick up again, hopefully soon with snowbird season coming in fast.

I'd much rather opt for used quality tires, then purchase a new set of the cheap ones in store.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
The shop i work for has a set of 265/75-16 toyo ats for sale with only about 2k miles on them. mounted, balanced out the door i think my asst manager wants round 4 or 500 for the set.
i will buy those tires off of you. Come out and lets swap bumpers. :) Throw the tires in the back of your truck.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahaha that worked out nice :p I'm watching craigslist often and thanks to Slytuna because I had overlooked those two. Nothing local yet, looks like I'll have to take a trip out that way anyway since Cali almost always have the best deals.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know.. maybe you guys can give me some advice about those tires? I'm not keen on Firestones... I've seen more then enough blow out even when brand new.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I understand your concerns. The Firestones which were known for tread seperation were the Wilderness AT and ATX in sizes P235/75R15 and P255/70R16. But really, it all comes down to what you're comfortable with or want. When in doubt...don't. Just fyi, the following link is in regards to the Firestone recall:

NHTSA Announces Initial Decision That Additional Firestone Wilderness AT Tires Have a Safety Defect; Firestone Agrees to Recall Those Tires

Bah...on 2nd thought just stay way from Firestones. :) What trim level is your truck? Does anyone know if 265/75R16s would fit? Seems to be a lot more of that size for sale.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You know what, unfortunately I never paid attention to what type of Firestone tire they were when they blew out on friend's vehicles before and it was before it was a big deal in the media several years ago. Wish I had the pics still... it's an SE, is that what you meant?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts