Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for someone who can bump my idle up a little

I havent tried the dealer but they usually want 80 to 90 bux just to pull the truck in the bay

I am in the Grensboro, High Point, Winston Salem area

If anyone here can help me out ill Buy you a beer or lunch or something like that

Let me know
Thanks
Jamie

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
might also try the titan forums too.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Is Sleepy23 and NCfronty around there? May be worth reading thru some of the UpRev, Superchips, Hypertech, Bullydog threads and see where people live, then PM them to see if they will hook you up. Most will do it for free but some may charge a couple of bucks to cover their gas and time if they meet you somewhere.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
07Frontier had this ability at one point too, if I recall he may be near Raligh - try a pm to him as well.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Can you do that with a coretex? for someone else's truck?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
UpRev guys can do this, not sure of the others.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
I thougth they could all bump the idle and timing. If not, then I guess the dealer or someone with UpRev is your only option.

I guess this is also one more reason to get UpRev over the others.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I thougth they could all bump the idle and timing. If not, then I guess the dealer or someone with UpRev is your only option.

I guess this is also one more reason to get UpRev over the others.
the others do manipulate the timing for the vehicle they are installed on, but the uprev tool has 2 components (Cipher and Siris) the Siris product is vehicle specific, and the Cipher product is installed on a laptop that allows you to connect/communicate with the ECU. So what you really want is someone that has Cipher. Anyone that bought the std uprev package got both components.

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
Like bigdog said, adjustments can only be made on the vehicle that the tuner is installed on with the Superchips Cortex.
In other words, not two vehicles at once.

·
Webwheeler Extraordinaire
2,180 Posts
07Frontier had this ability at one point too, if I recall he may be near Raligh - try a pm to him as well.
I no longer have the Uprev package (or a Frontier for that matter), so I am a no go. I thought that I read Superchips was going to allow their tuners to bump the timing on other trucks. Have they released this update yet or have they nixed those plans?

Moving to the SouthEast regional forum for better exposure

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update
Called my local dealership the guy who answered the phone had no clue what i was trying to do or what the purpose would be
He talked to the service manager who they say has been there forever
He said he couldnt promise me that he could do it and that if he did that the truck would adjust back to where it wanted to be but for a charge of 80 something dollars that they wouldgive it a try...

So i guess this is also a bump
if there is anyone local that can help me out let me know
Thanks

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
best chance would be the titan forums since someone with uprev or bullydog can do it for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts