Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Nismo Off-Road King Cab 3" lift, Wam Bumpers winch carrier
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for advice on the most budget friendly rock sliders for my '06 king cab. I searched the forums and found nothing on rock sliders.

What I ahave found so far::

Prefab
Shrockworks: $490 + shipping
Hefty Fabworks $775 + shipping
White Knuckle $585 + shipping

DIY
XO-Fab: $189 + shipping (+ around $350 to have a shop build it)

Does anyone know of any other options? Any info you have would be appreciated.

IMG_20200407_134717.jpg

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
go with WK.... LOVE THEM! and also went with the DOM tubing for added strength

Reactions: Dchigg

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've been super happy with my white knuckle sliders. They have taken some good hits and kept the body protected. I ordered mine with no angle, easier to climb up for the RTT and roof rack. Losses a bit of clearance though, i wouldve done slight angle next time.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
definitely would go with 3 supports if you do ANY type of off roading

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Frontier
492 Posts
Link is bad....
That thread got deleted by the mods for advertising product without being a verified vendor. I also posted a thread in the Parts For Sale section. That one got locked, again because I'm not a verified vendor. I'm waiting on the site owners to verify me. Hopefully I can offer these to you guys soon!

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X CCSB
3 Posts
I had to make this decision recently as well, and the forum provided plenty of information on what options are out there. For me it was more than just a question of budget, but what I wanted out of them. My main criteria was the following:
  • No welding
  • No drilling (I know this isn't a big deal, I just preferred not to)
  • DOM Steel
  • Powder coated
  • Flat angled (better as a step)
  • Top Plate (for better footing)
The 2 companies on my list that satisfied all of these were Hefty Fabworks and PP Engineering. I ended up going with Hefty Fabworks primarily because they were offering a 15% discount, and even with tax and shipping ended up being the cheaper of the 2.

I really liked the White Knuckle sliders but they required drilling and were pricey. Shrockworks would have been the cheapest option for me but they required drilling and only came angled.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Just FYI the WK drilling is just ONE bolt that isn't necessary... it's just for added support... :)

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
I had to make this decision recently as well, and the forum provided plenty of information on what options are out there. For me it was more than just a question of budget, but what I wanted out of them. My main criteria was the following:
  • No welding
  • No drilling (I know this isn't a big deal, I just preferred not to)
  • DOM Steel
  • Powder coated
  • Flat angled (better as a step)
  • Top Plate (for better footing)
The 2 companies on my list that satisfied all of these were Hefty Fabworks and PP Engineering. I ended up going with Hefty Fabworks primarily because they were offering a 15% discount, and even with tax and shipping ended up being the cheaper of the 2.

I really liked the White Knuckle sliders but they required drilling and were pricey. Shrockworks would have been the cheapest option for me but they required drilling and only came angled.
IMO what you really meant was:

My main criteria was the following:
  • Cheapest possible option
  • Least amount of work to do when installing
:) j/k Hefty is a fine choice. And everyone loves discounts (y)

Also +1 what @RobFrisco415 said. It's one bolt that isn't "required" unless you're using it how it's supposed to.
I guess I'm the type where if I really liked the White Knuckle sliders, I would have bought the White Knuckle sliders.
Oh wait I did. LOL

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also went for the White Knockle sliders. DOM and angled. Still has plenty of step to get up to my roof top tent and rack. Drilling holes was not difficult, but I added and extra step (4 drills instead of three). Went on easily, did it all myself (grandson was self quarantined, too much partying after HS graduation). I now feel comfortable hitting the trails with large rocks. Happy to repaint sliders, but not body work if can be avoided!

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Frontier
492 Posts
are the xo sliders for frontiers or a complete universal kit?
I think they just offer different length sliders and expect you to weld them on your frame however they fit, not custom for a specific vehicle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts