Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2009 SE 4x4 and love this truck. The only thing I am wanting to change thus far is the stock CD player and putting a rack on the roof, but that will come later. Currently I am just looking around for one of the stock mp3 or multiple disc players to swap out with the base CD player that is currently installed.

I know many of the people on the forum swap out their decks for aftermarket decks. I am looking to purchase your stock mp3 deck. please post a reply or PM me if you have one you don't need anymore.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
your going to have a hard time finding one since the 09's have a integrated radio/dash. your best bet would be to just find a good deck that you like and buy the dash kit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
but if someone did an install in an 09 could you just swap their old radio and faceplate?

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
you could. problem is, IDK if the 09's are like the 05-08's where if its the RF deck the amp is not built into the deck. the OP will have to do some research before hand. it would be much easier to just get an aftermarket deck and dash kit. plus you will bet better sound and have more options down the road.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
it RF system is different in the 05-08's. on the CC the amp that runs the door speakers is not actually in the headunit. on the KC it is. the decks are physically the same size, which is why they look interchangeable, because they are but the rest of the hardware is different.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same question - I have a 2009, Frontier, SE CC, 4x4 with the factory radio (and not the Rockford Fosgate). It's awful listening to the AM/FM dribble here in Washington, DC. Ugh.

I read some reviews of the Metra install kits (@Crutchfield) and it didn't get great reviews. I went to a Car Audio place here and they wouldn't do it. The guy there said that there is no good kit available and they wouldn't do work that would look shoddy. He told me to come back with a different car.

That said - what are the radio choices to replace the 09 Frontier factory stereo?

What makes them design a setup with 3 openings in the dash? It doesn't look great and it limits your choices in the aftermarket.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have the same question - I have a 2009, Frontier, SE CC, 4x4 with the factory radio (and not the Rockford Fosgate). It's awful listening to the AM/FM dribble here in Washington, DC. Ugh.

I read some reviews of the Metra install kits (@Crutchfield) and it didn't get great reviews. I went to a Car Audio place here and they wouldn't do it. The guy there said that there is no good kit available and they wouldn't do work that would look shoddy. He told me to come back with a different car.

That said - what are the radio choices to replace the 09 Frontier factory stereo?

What makes them design a setup with 3 openings in the dash? It doesn't look great and it limits your choices in the aftermarket.
I just had a Kenwood CNX6140 and the Metra dash kit installed. Came out great: only because I know do I know it's not original. I mean, the original was textured and this is smooth but to someone visiting my truck they have no idea anything is changed except for the big display and flicks playin' whilst I drive (shhh). Will post pics one of these days. Only problem is the 6140 is single USB and it is required for the iPOD interface. Can be unplugged for other uses but would require the USB jack o be exposed or cleverly placed. Struggling with that now: where to put it or whether to bother and just burn anything I want to in put to CD and forego using USB for anything other than my iPhone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts