Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally put my 2000 CC SE to bed and picked up a minty 2012 CC SL.

Wow does the new rig sit low and wow is it uber exposed. I'll be tossing 2" under it with some better sneakers on it, but in the mean time, anyone have a line on the OEM skid plates off of a Pro 4X or NISMO?

I already know, they aren't as good as the HEFTY or other aftermarket brands. VT's roads are rough enough to need some protection, but not enough that I would need full on battle regalia.

Anyone able to help a fellow Fronty out?

Cheers

·
Registered
627 Posts
Just went through this process myself. You should already have the OEM radiator skid, and then just buy the transmission and engine skid at Courtesy Nissan Parts. They cost about $40 bucks together. The OEM gas tank skid new is as much as ones sold by aftermarket companies that are much thicker (>$200), so I would either find that used or just buy a nice thick one from an aftermarket company.

You can find the parts you are looking for at the link below to get an idea, or you can input your trucks specifics and then go to "body", and then pick "radiator support" or "splash shields" and it will bring you to the section you need. Parts, 5, 8, 9, and 12 are the skid plates. The front radiator skid is secured by M6 bolts, and I know the rest of them use M8 x 1 because I just had to buy the bolts for the engine and transmission skids from the hardware store.

RADIATOR SUPPORT for 2012 Nissan Frontier

Just realized this was in the wanted section!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No worries Lost... Yup - I've got the front one on there already. I am probably going to go the Courtesy route with the two smaller skids and hope a used or aftermarket plate for the tank comes up here. My SL seems to sit so dang low, a hell of a lot lower than my old 2000 SE CC, that for where I drive around here in VT, I feel like I either need to get it lifted by about 2", or get some protection under it, or BOTH!

So - back to the wanted part of this post... Anyone have any OEM/Factory Skids they are willing to part with, specifically the one for the Gas Tank.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Don't have one but have some useful info. I know the OEM Xterra gas tank skid plate will fit a Frontier. I have a strong feeling that one from a Pathfinder will also.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks HightecRednec... Not surprised that the tank guards would match up on all three of those rigs. How many X-terra and Pathfinders are sporting tanks shields though... I'll keep an eye out though!

So anyone have any actual. Luv the advice and tips, but a tangible skid plate sure would be sweet!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I would think you've check the local recyclers.
Sorry I don't have any.
Good luck on your search and congrats on your new ride.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup - I'll come across something, VT is a small place and there are number of Frontys around...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts