Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Chad. I've got an 07 Frontier, live in Denver CO, and could use some help in seeing better at night particular during snowy drives up I-70.

I've been working with Daniel Stern to figure out a way to upgrade my head lights to work better during snowy nights so I can see road conditions. He suggested I mount Cibie CSR low beam lights with yellow bubs in a housing and use these in place of my low beams during snowy weather. He mentioned the good cut off makes for much easier driving in bad weather. Check out the details of the lights here: Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

So I need a light bar to attach these things to my truck and would like to put them as near the stock headlight location as possible without clipping the stock head light beam. Can any of you suggest something that I can put two lights on, and get them this far apart and high up? Not willing to part with the stock bumper and would prefer whatever it is I bolt on will look as stock as possible.

Also, how much of a PITA will it be to wire in a switch that will allow me to change from regular low beams over to my auxiliary lights (standard low beam switch controls power to any low beam light, a second switch chooses the stock or auxiliary beam)?

Thanks,
Chad

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The white rhino light bar looks like a great product, however I was hoping to purchase something that will allow me to put the lights farther to the outside than what the rhino bar allows.

Getting the lights to the outside of the grill and the same height as the shown in the below picture would be just about perfect. Any ideas on the best way to do that?

I'm trying to avoid the extra back scatter off snow that will occur if the lights mounted close together, making the two beams overlap more than necessary, and producing a doublely powerful glare off the snow.

High and far apart are the way to go.

Thanks,
Chad

My whiterhino and kc's. These really light up the road, not to be used with other traffic though haha

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
You could go with the stock/accessory grill gaurd that Nissan makes. Or you could get some dual beam HID's and see where that takes you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hey guys, thanks for the responses, definably good information.

Does anyone have any experience with moving the mounting point on the Rhino bar? Could be more fab work than I was looking for.

I did look into a roof mounted light bar, but need to be able to fire it up on the highway with other cars around. I'm still on the fence about how well I think the stock fog lights work in actual fog and snow, they seam to scatter off the fog peaty well, I don't think they have a good horizontal cut off.

I was hoping someone knew of a product that was plug and play for the 05 and up frontier that looks like this.

http://defianttruckproducts.com/uploads/files1/ian 6.JPG

Might have to end up custom fabing something.

Chad

·
Registered
331 Posts
Maybe a lil cusomizing on a pre-fab light bar? Also would like to welcome a fellow Denver frontier to the party.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
...Does anyone have any experience with moving the mounting point on the Rhino bar? Could be more fab work than I was looking for.
...Might have to end up custom fabing something.
^Call WRF and tell him where ya want to mount them.. maybe fax/email the pic. too.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
You could go with some lights mounted up by the windshield. My buddy has a set and they really help at night in the fog/snow. I am eventually gonna fab up a set for my truck.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
OP you do seem to be way overthinking this lighting setup. I have lived for a number of years in Denver and driven through some pretty rough stuff as I was always going up and down I70 to hit the ski slopes. Lighting or lack of as you state was never an issue using just the headlights of my car at the time since it didn't have any fogs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts