Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone. I often search this forum for insights and solutions, but thought it was time I share my own experience and knowledge when able. I'm the second owner of a white 2006 Frontier crew cab SE 4x4. Bought it six years ago with roughly 60k miles. Pushing 160K now as it's my daily driver. I've had many of the common issues, but great truck overall. I keep it very well maintained, all stock. Will eventually upgrade to a new truck in a few years but plan to keep the Frontier as an extra vehicle or for when my younger son starts to drive. Also would consider converting it to diesel depending on how long the gasser lasts.

·
Registered
492 Posts
The only thing our trucks need fixed is the steering radius lol. Seriously tho with the money you would invest into that conversion to get it running perfect I would think it would be wise to keep it as is and start a savings for a newer vehicle when your son is ready for something

·
Registered
6,005 Posts
I would just follow the service manual. By now you should have new belt and tensioner, spark plugs, new shocks, all new fluid (diffs, t-case, tranny, coolant, and brake). Might need new tailgate hinge if yours are bent. U-joints are probably close to end of life.

I don't think "converting to diesel" is a feasible thing to accomplish.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely staying stock gas as is for daily life. Diesel is just a thought for now, but would be a long-term hobby/project once the truck is retired from daily life. Yes, it's currently well maintained and all those wear items have been replaced with the exception of the tailgate hinges which are fine. Bed gets rarely used. If I need to haul anything, I use our utility trailer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts