Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a Karmon I-Pod today and dont really want to use up one of my 12 acc plugs. Is there any place that Nissan made convienant under the dash? I looked the fuse pannel and see no means of attaching a wire.

Also I am thinking of hiding the control box under the cup holders in the center console, anyone try this yet?

Oh and the first surprise was finding out I couldnt use the FM anttena adapter who would have thought that it wasnt a conventional anttena plug in!

Thanks

Eric
2009 Frontier CC

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
+1 tap the back side of an Acc. plug.(use the one in the console cubby for keyed on power too).

btw. Frontier "cigarette" plugs don't accept "lighters" :confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
If I tap into it will there be a concern for using the acc plug for another acc such as my GPS?

·
Registered
680 Posts
my navara came with both a 12v plug and a cigarette lighter so i assumed the Frontier's had the same.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
If I tap into it will there be a concern for using the acc plug for another acc such as my GPS?
^IIRC the Acc. plugs are good for 10A(120 watts), so a GPS should be fine; devices are usually labeled with power requirements..

g/l.

Yeah.. Navaras have some cool(er) features.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
my navara came with both a 12v plug and a cigarette lighter so i assumed the Frontier's had the same.
they are all acc outlets now... no cigarette lighterss.no ashtrays

·
Registered
680 Posts
lol i got an ashtray right infront of the center console cup holders currently being used as a change cup though

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Here ... at least in the Republic of California, you wont get a ash tray. Even my 2003 Xterra didnt have one. We is healthy people...LOL we want people to throw their cigarettes out of their windows and start those huge fires we have annually

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
lol i got an ashtray right infront of the center console cup holders currently being used as a change cup though
^gotta pic. of that? Maybe a retrofit can be done.

And, yeah "we" are already too busy eating and text messagin' while we drive.. lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts