Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking at a few HID kits on ebay and all of the sellers i talked to say that their kits disable the use of the high beems on a 9007 bulb. is that how it is with all 9007s?? or will the HIDs be that much brighter that i wont even need a high beem. any recommendations would be helpful. im very new HID. thanks
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Not cheap are they?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
$280 for HID kit is cheap but it looks like a cheap kit. You pay $400-600 for good quality hy-low kit.
 

·
SHIFT_Otaku(Assist - Adm)
Joined
·
1,482 Posts
it is really hard to find a high/low HID kit...

I am going to settle for just the low beams in the 4200k range (most usable light output).
 

·
SHIFT_Otaku(Assist - Adm)
Joined
·
1,482 Posts
mmendezm3power said:
is there a big diff. between 4200k & 6000k?
the number represents the color on the light spectrum...

the lower the number the more usable light there is (there are some places that have 3000 k which are yellow and have to most light out (lumens) available).

the 6000k are a blue light, blue is the hardest color for the human eye to focus on (why the sky looks blue) while it looks pretty, the usable light is greatly diminished.... the sun is rated at 4000k. remember that the k denotes color, not light output...

it took me a while to figure out that it was not the tempature of the bulb that it was talking about, but the color output on the color specturm...

as for there being a huge difference... it is noticeable...

but the fact that 6000k is blue makes it more dangerous for on comming drivers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
I just installed my HID's a few weeks ago. They are Hi/low made by prolumen. I got the 6000k which to my surprise was pretty white. I use to have 6000k in my M3 and it was really purple but the vendor talked me into the new ones and they are great. I paid $365 shipped. You can get it from Umnitza East. 386.235.0855, ask for Ouri. They have an awesome warranty program for these too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
silvrsled said:
I just installed my HID's a few weeks ago. They are Hi/low made by prolumen. I got the 6000k which to my surprise was pretty white. I use to have 6000k in my M3 and it was really purple but the vendor talked me into the new ones and they are great. I paid $365 shipped. You can get it from Umnitza East. 386.235.0855, ask for Ouri. They have an awesome warranty program for these too.
Can you post some pics of the light and harness? Did you install yourself? Was it easy? Thx.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
for all you that have HID......is it really that much better lighting, or did you just get it for the "look"??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
kilago said:
silvrsled said:
I just installed my HID's a few weeks ago. They are Hi/low made by prolumen. I got the 6000k which to my surprise was pretty white. I use to have 6000k in my M3 and it was really purple but the vendor talked me into the new ones and they are great. I paid $365 shipped. You can get it from Umnitza East. 386.235.0855, ask for Ouri. They have an awesome warranty program for these too.
Can you post some pics of the light and harness? Did you install yourself? Was it easy? Thx.
I'll try to get some pics tonight. I did install it myself. The hard part is just finding mounting spots for the ballast and igniter. The rest is pretty much plug and play.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
tc3driver said:
it is really hard to find a high/low HID kit...

I am going to settle for just the low beams in the 4200k range (most usable light output).
aint that hard to find them, if youre a ebay buyer they are on there all the time. they do cost more. I had them on my jetta, never used the high beam for the time I had that kit. low beam is bright enough for it to never need the high beam.
one nice thing with HIDs they make any light reflective surface light up far away so you can actually notice marked police cars from far away :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
silvrsled said:
I'll try to get some pics tonight. I did install it myself. The hard part is just finding mounting spots for the ballast and igniter. The rest is pretty much plug and play.
Awesome...can't wait to see em! Thx. -Kil
 

·
SHIFT_Otaku(Assist - Adm)
Joined
·
1,482 Posts
Binford said:
When you all refer to HID here, is that term ineterchangeable with Xenon? IOW, are all HID lights by definition Xenon or is that a category unto itself?
all HID are Xenon by default, HID works like a flourescent bulb, the gas inside a HID bulb is Xenon, fired off by 2 electrodes on either side of the bulb, no filliment.

where as a Xenon bulb is generaly a halogen bulb filled with Xenon gas...

confused yet?
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top