Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked around quite a bit and can't seem to find much aftermarket for the frontiers after 2012 I believe it was. I'm looking for fender flares to help protect the bodywork but it seems bushwacker only carries them for earlier models than my 2016. I dont get it as the body style looks the same on all 2nd gens. Sometimes they say "only for the chrome bumpers". I'm going to do a winch bumper eventually so does that change the equation?

How do you guys/gals go about protecting your vehicle from gravel and what not? What about covering the extended tires for those titan swap mods I've read about? I don't want to invite Johnny law nor do I want to spray mud all over the side of the vehicle (so much as can be helped anyway).

I'm definitely going to have a wax oil like treatment done ASAP and maybe that's enough for the inside wheelwells. Maybe apply some of that 3m clear film to the outside fenders? Ultimately there is rhino liner but I'm not putting that on my 2016s paint anytime soon! I've even considered that wrinkly clear chip guard (sem brand or better) over some of the tough areas around the fenders.

I live in new England and rust is really bad up here but in addition I also want to do some light wheeling without ruining my new vehicles appearance.

Thanks!
Kejr

·
Registered
819 Posts
Apply FluidFilm under your truck. spray it on everything steel except the exhaust. That will help with rust.

As for fender flares, the options are very slim. Any 2010-2017 Frontier flares from Bushwacker or similar will fit your 2016. They only stick out 1/2" over stock so they aren't very functional. The other flares out there are from Arctic Trucks and are very expensive, hard to get, and require huge wheels/tires to fill.

Anything else will have to be created or modified to fit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Grendel. I actually have fluid film but was considering a wax oil like treatment. I'm looking for scratch protection for the outside too....around the wheel wells on the painted body. I'd hate to do bedliner on my newish 2016 but maybe something similar.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
Why not vinyl wrap? You can get clear wrap and if you're just doing the fenders it's not hard or overly expensive to replace if they get gouged or rip. I was toying with the idea of wrapping my truck, but I realized pinstripes are badges of honour.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks picklez. Can you get vinyl material in the shape of the fenders? All I seem to find are 8" rolls. I suppose you could cut it up but it'd look like crap. Maybe just do the bottoms where the worst damage occurrs?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts