Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. If this thread looks like something you've already read . . . well it is kinda. Unfortunately, this site was hacked over the past weekend and all new threads were deleted when m4ck restored the site from back-up. All that being said . . . Here we go again.

I'm seeking your inputs on this mod that I've made to my '06 Fronty LE 4X4. I added a hard tonneau cover from A.R.E., then a couple of weeks later went back and ordered a spoiler with a LED brake light.

As always, your comments and posts are appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
burley said:
looks great. i had the same set up on my 99 ford ranger. im thinking bout doing it to my frontier now. how much did the are cover cost ya?
The setup cost me just under a grand. 600 for the cover. 350 for the spoiler with LED brake light (the plain spoiler is a little less). After North Carolina hit me with the sales tax, it was right at a grand . . . give or take a few pennies.

Thanks for your comment.

·
Registered
115 Posts
8O .... ummmm .... no. I don't like it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
That's a BIG negative here to. That just makes the ride look very tacky in my opinion.

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
2,296 Posts
So it looks like the general concensus is that the wing doesn't belong. I don't care for it much either but all that matters is that YOU like it cause it is YOUR truck. I'm sure there is plenty of things that you probably don't like about other peoples truck. All of us here have the best truck in its class and that is all that matters!! 8) I've said before and I'll say it again "Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
sometime the feedback you get is not what you want.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I kinda like it. Drop the front, put 20" wide tires in back, a supercharger with a big a$$ blower sticking out of the hood and you're made. Fastest quarter mile by a truck.

StormNismo is right. As long as you like it, it's great.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Looks OK.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, ok . . . I'll admit that it took a while for the spoiler to grow on me too. At first, like most of the responses that I've received so far, I didn't like it either . . . . BUT it did grow on me. I asked for your input and I thank each of you for it, whether its positive or negative.

On the positive side:
1. It doesn't impair the view out of the rear window while driving.
2. I never lose my Fronty in a crowd.
3. So far, it hasn't been duplicated . . . at least not in my local area.
4. It gives tailgaters no excuse not to see the multiple brake lights!
I figure it they didn't see the roof mount brake light, the regular brake lights . . . AND the brake light in the spoiler, then they deserve the ticket for rear ending me PLUS that brand new custom Fronty that their gonna hafta buy me (and my lawyer)!

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Did you have it painted, or did it come painted? I do like the LED brake lights, I think they look awesome. It actually kind of looks like the spoiler I had on my Maxima.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
2k5nismo said:
Did you have it painted, or did it come painted? I do like the LED brake lights, I think they look awesome. It actually kind of looks like the spoiler I had on my Maxima.
2K5 . . . It came with matching factory paint from the manufacturer, A.R.E.. It's a pretty close match, right down to the metal flake in the finish. On the downside, it only comes in 56" and 72" lengths . . . my guess is the 56" fits the 00-04 Fronty body style and the 72" is a little closer to a Titan application.

No exact fit for the 05-06 yet.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Personally I don't like wings on trucks

But if that is what you want I think I would go with a Wing that mounts farther to the outside.
I guess I dont know what it is called but the part that actually bolts onto the topper (I think) would look better if it was farther apart.

I like the Idea of dropping it and putting 20's on it, with a supercharger of course.
It would pull it all together nicely. Right now it doesnt seem to fit together.

then maybe a roll pan, shave the handles, and move the lic plate to the window or tailgate.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts