1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
can only use them with spacers , so yes they will stick pretty far out

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
because of the backspacing and offset , there is currently no aftermarket steel rims that will work , none of the will clear the caliper without wheel spacers

our bolt pattern is the same as dodge dakota's so thats probably what those rims are for

i had steel rims as well as a couple other members , we all had to run spacers/ wheel adapters

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
i had steel rims as well as a couple other members , we all had to run spacers/ wheel adapters
Yep. Been there, done that, wouldn't do it again.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I bought a set of wheels, 6 on 4.5 and all. real sweet til I went to put them on . . . spacers where I am just wasn't good. I run 50 miles of dirt in and out when ever I go to town and the lugs would back out of the spacers and I'ld have to pull the wheels and tighten wm up. they wher just a pain in the rear for me. If you live in the city . . maybe . . . but I would recommend either trading with someone who has a 4 cyl or buy NISMO wheels or cheaper yet, pull the stock wheels and paint them. The problem is that they hit on your brake calipers.

:hi:

·
Registered
69 Posts
can only use them with spacers , so yes they will stick pretty far out

not true. I bought steel wheels for my winter tires this year and they fit without spacers. They have been on the truck for over 2 months with no problems. I just went to a local shop, they called some suppliers and found some that fit.

·
Registered
69 Posts
They aren't any brand name. just a 16" 6/4.5 steel wheel. I bought them from OK Tire, which I believe is only in Canada. But Big O Tires and Kal Tire told me they could get rims that would fit. None of them had the rims in stock but it was only a few days to get them delivered from wherever the supplier is located. Kal Tire is also only in Canada but Big O is in the US.

OK Tire Stores - OK centres du pneu
Big O Tires - Your Trusted Source for Tires, Wheels and Service Since 1962!
Kal Tire is Canada's largest independent tire dealer with over 230 stores

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Are they 16x8? Never since one fit without spacers.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
not true. I bought steel wheels for my winter tires this year and they fit without spacers. They have been on the truck for over 2 months with no problems. I just went to a local shop, they called some suppliers and found some that fit.
Got pics? and are you sure you're not running spacers and not know it? And if you're not are these wheels even sold in the US?

:smileyshell:

·
Registered
427 Posts
pics are necessary

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't think I have spacers and don't know it. Though i've never taken the wheels off to see, I wasn't billed for spacers. To me it looks the same as it did with the stock wheels. The tires are stock 265/75/16.

Sorry about the night shots, i had daytime photos but can't find them.

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discount tire carries the Unique brand of wheel. I believe that it is series 298, similar in style to the Cragar soft 8. You can get black or chrome in 16X8 in 6X4.5. No spacers. The chrome runs about 80.00 a wheel, so the black should be cheaper. I just checked on a set for my 08.

·
Premium Member
12,112 Posts
its not the size of the wheel that matters. its the offset/backspacing.
you guys are way off of the reason why you will need spacers.

i have hub centric spacers and i havent had a problem with them. 1.5in up front and 2in in the rear. eventually i will have them replaced. but for now i have never had problems.

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
I don't think I have spacers and don't know it. Though i've never taken the wheels off to see, I wasn't billed for spacers. To me it looks the same as it did with the stock wheels. The tires are stock 265/75/16.

Sorry about the night shots, i had daytime photos but can't find them.
those look like the stock steel rims not aftermarket

also the unique rims do not fit our trucks , again caliper issues

·
Registered
279 Posts
the uniques will fit along as the truck originally cam with 16 in wheels. If the truck came with 17s, it could cause caliper clearance issues if trying to downsize to smaller rims, nothing that a little grinding on the backside of the caliper won't fix though:)

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
its not the size of the rim , its the backspacing and offset which is why you need spacers :comphead:
i can fit a 15" steel rim on the truck but it wont work because of the backspacing and offset

1 - 20 of 31 Posts