Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fella's,
I'm calling on the great fronty masses for some suggestions on brews to try. Whether it be an IPA, double IPA, hefewiezen, maibock, abbeydubbel, it don't matter. Just non of that cheap american swill. No offense to any schlitz/pbr/bud lovers out there. Also, not too fond of guinness or other stouts.
My current suggestions to ya'll: Weyerbacher Double simcoe IPA, Boulder Hazed and Infuzed, Flying Fish Farmhouse summer Ale, and Hoegaarden.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Fella's,
I'm calling on the great fronty masses for some suggestions on brews to try. Whether it be an IPA, double IPA, hefewiezen, maibock, abbeydubbel, it don't matter. Just non of that cheap american swill. No offense to any schlitz/pbr/bud lovers out there. Also, not too fond of guinness or other stouts.
My current suggestions to ya'll: Weyerbacher Double simcoe IPA, Boulder Hazed and Infuzed, Flying Fish Farmhouse summer Ale, and Hoegaarden.
Best beer I ever had was widmer hefeweizen.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My current favorite is a German Dunkelweiss (Dark Wheat).

I cannot remember the brand off the top of my head, but I have yet to have one that I didn't like.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
this one

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks Harsh, some good and not so good reading there. I didn't mean to be "that guy" and rehash an old subject, but with the micro's and craft breweries coming out with new beers all the time I figured it would be good see what I might be missing. That, and beer advocate has a tendency to get a lot of wannabe beer tasters saying stuff like, "medium body, good head retention, Floral notes, etc." Dudes just trying to sound a certain way without really knowing what the hell they are talking about.

C-Zero, I keep hearing that from random people along with Russian River Blind Pig IPA. I haven't been able to find either yet in my area. Looks like I'm gonna have to make a trip into Philly (against my better instincts). Thanks.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
You can find Hazed and Infused in PA? I'm surprised that it has made it all the way over to PA. I don't think ive seen your other recommendations...

I also like hoppy beers but am a big fan of many American Barleywines and strong ales. Arrogant Bastard ale from Stone Brewing co. is probably available everywhere?...also Old Guardian and Avrey's Hog Heaven.
Can't go wrong with Chimay.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can find Hazed and Infused in PA? I'm surprised that it has made it all the way over to PA. I don't think ive seen your other recommendations...

I also like hoppy beers but am a big fan of many American Barleywines and strong ales. Arrogant Bastard ale from Stone Brewing co. is probably available everywhere?...also Old Guardian and Avrey's Hog Heaven.
Can't go wrong with Chimay.
Stone has some good stuff. The Uno's chain has been carrying more craft brews and I've found the hazed and some other good stuff there like redhook's longhammer. Even had an Innis & Gunn aok aged beer there. Odd, tasted like bourbon without the alcohol content. Little pricey though at $9.00 a glass.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My lil bro brews his own and I was going to get into it this summer but then life happened hard and fast. Dog had to get 2 surgeries, and we put in a patio. Told myself I was only going to brew if I bought the kegging stuff (no $$$ or time) so G'bye beer brewing fun.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I recommend anything from Breckenridge Brewing Company. Their Avalanche Ale and Agave Wheat are both outstanding summer sippers.
Colorado Microbrews, Breckenridge Craft Beer of Colorado – Colorado Microbrewery, Avalanche Ale, Vanilla Porter, 471 Small Batch Beer
Try and get ahold of their 12 beer sampler pack.
Avalanche Ale is great! I'm sure most wont find this outside of CO but, the Dillon Dam Brewery Beers are good. I like their beers when ice fishing Green Mountain Res.
Kona (HI) beers are good, I have not tried anything from them I did not like yet. mmmm Fire Rock.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the 90 min IPA is excellent and my wife's favorite. Nothing like a good woman who enjoys a good beer.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Hefes or Dunkels when it comes Weissen. I haven't been able to find the really good German ones now that I'm back in the states, but the following three I can find are good:

- Paulaner
- Weinstephaner
- Franziskaner

If you can, get to a specialty beer store and try the Hobgoblin ale by Wytchwood brewery from England. I kick myself for living 40 minutes north of the brewery for three years and never going for a tour. They make a great ale and cider.

Another hard to find US beer is the Yuengling Porter. Oh that stuff is delicious!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts