Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm dead set on getting a 2017 frontier pro4x, have the down payment, have the credit, and the truck fits my needs.

I just have one question, Do the 2017 pro4x crew cab manuals have the M226 rear differentials, or is this only on the king cab auto pro4x? I've searched for this information, and talked to people at the dealership and have been told a few different things.

I'm looking for a definitive answer regarding this question.

Thanks in advance for any response.

·
Super Moderator
3,839 Posts
Yeah, 'cause the guy in the parts department has nothing better to do than to field questions that should be addressed by the Sales dept.! Spoken like someone who has never worked in a busy parts dept.! ;) Why not post the question on Nissan's Facebook site or try asking their customer hotline @ 1-800-NISSAN-1? At least that way you won't be bugging some guy trying to do his intended job and they are usually pretty quick at responding on their Facebook site.

https://www.facebook.com/nissanusa/

Reactions: v1ru5

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yeah, 'cause the guy in the parts department has nothing better to do than to field questions that should be addressed by the Sales dept.! Spoken like someone who has never worked in a busy parts dept.! ;) Why not post the question on Nissan's Facebook site or try asking their customer hotline @ 1-800-NISSAN-1? At least that way you won't be bugging some guy trying to do his intended job and they are usually pretty quick at responding on their Facebook site.

https://www.facebook.com/nissanusa/
Haha funny you should say that cause I was actually a parts manager for a Chrysler store. If people wanted to know details about their vehicles I was more than happy to use all my resources. It's called customer service. It's not a field question like your are asking his opinion on something, you are asking for specific build info. And with a VIN number he can pull up exactly the build codes which let him know what equipment is for that very vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
492 Posts
I also got calls all the time from people sourcing used parts from junk yards and I didn't mind running each VIN to cross check part numbers and letting them know what would work and what would not and even give him all the part numbers with supercession numbers included. Sorry for the rant but I just thought I would give my two cents with my experience in a parts department. The techs appreciated that extra effort as well as all my customers. Then again that was Chrysler, I'm assuming other manufacturers have the same information available I could be wrong. I briefly worked parts for GM before moving to Internet manager and vaguely remember being able to pull build codes also

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,500 Posts
All V6 6-sp Frontiers come w/ M226. This includes S, SV & P4X.

(My '15 SV 4x2 6-sp has an M226.)

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I've never worked in a parts department, but after buying my share of cars, I'm convinced most people in the sales department wouldn't even be able to point in the direction of the axle. I've never once gotten an adequate answer to any technical question from a sales person. At least I can usually trust the answer from the parts department if I can get one at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I've never worked in a parts department, but after buying my share of cars, I'm convinced most people in the sales department wouldn't even be able to point in the direction of the axle. I've never once gotten an adequate answer to any technical question from a sales person. At least I can usually trust the answer from the parts department if I can get one at all.
This has been my experience to a T.

Is it possible that a M226 Differential can have an 8 bolt cover? Or is it 100% c200/c200k = 8 bolt and M226 = 12 bolt?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay, so here are the FACTS.

2017 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 6 speed MANUAL (S,SV,Pro-4x) has the M226.
2017 Nissan Frontier King Cab (automatic only) has the M226.

I put a deposit on a new 2017 Pro-4x Crew Cab Manual in white, truck has 6 miles on it! :D

Sticker doesn't reflect the dealer installed accessories at: 33,425
Dealer installed Accessories, hitch/extender/running boards.

OTD: 29,000
I put a 1k deposit, paying 9k down, financing 19k.

It's not the best deal I found, cheapest was about 400 dollars less OTD, but it wasn't a color I preferred and didn't have running boards.

It's almost 1000 miles away lol, I'll post pics when I get it home, next week.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Okay, so here are the FACTS.

2017 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 6 speed MANUAL (S,SV,Pro-4x) has the M226.
2017 Nissan Frontier King Cab (automatic only) has the M226.

I put a deposit on a new 2017 Pro-4x Crew Cab Manual in white, truck has 6 miles on it! :D

Sticker doesn't reflect the dealer installed accessories at: 33,425
Dealer installed Accessories, hitch/extender/running boards.

OTD: 29,000
I put a 1k deposit, paying 9k down, financing 19k.

It's not the best deal I found, cheapest was about 400 dollars less OTD, but it wasn't a color I preferred and didn't have running boards.

It's almost 1000 miles away lol, I'll post pics when I get it home, next week.

Congrats. I bought my Forged Copper SV V6 1000 miles away in Lubbock, TX. There were only 9 Forged Copper trucks in the configuration I wanted available in the entire US at the time of my purchase. I knew I couldn't bargain with my local dealer if they had to go 1000 miles to get the truck.

Fortunately for me I had a work trip to NM scheduled so it was on the way. ::grin::

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
It is my understanding that ALL PRO4X Frontiers and Xterra's come with the M226. If it has an elocker it has the M226 as the factory does not offer a locker in the C200K. ARB makes an air locker for the C200K however.

Other than the PRO4X models, any Frontier or Xterra with a manual transmission will have the M226 but not necessarily the elocker unless it was a special order or added by the owner after purchase.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts