Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a Toyota man, but feel it's time for a change. I'm interested in an 06' KC,2wd,5spd,4cyl, and just want to know a few things.

1. Realistic gas mileage on the highway?

2. Problems?

3. Likes and dislikes?

Honest answers will be greatly appreciated and will make my decision easier.

Thanks, Kevin.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I don't have a 2.5l 4cyl Frontier, but I love the design of the Frontier...I have a v6 KC black auto...I like that it's not as common as the Tacoma...You also pay a premium for the Toyota brand...Probably get an equiv Nissan for a couple grand less....

As for problems, I had a few minor issues...1/ knocking/rubbing sound coming from my rear driver side suicide door....2/ squeaky sound from rear leaf springs, but this was fixed with a Nissan bulletin...3/ bolt was loose on tailgate...I just tightened it.

I did own a Sentra with a 2.5l so I'll try to tell you what I know about that engine...For a 4banger, it put out a lot of torque...of course the Frontier will be much heavier, about 1000lbs I think...My Sentra got 23-25mpg, so I would guess a Frontier would get about 20?

Good luck with your decision! Why are you switching from Toyota?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Change is good. Plus, I think Toyota's quality AND service is going downhill. Just my opinion, but on a Tacoma website, they're are alot of unhappy Xrunner owners out there. Glad I didn't put a deposit on one.

And, I absolutely need something bigger. I would love a full size truck, but with gas prices and a 70 mile commute, it isn't practical. Next would be a 4 door truck, but the beds are just too small to carry anything other than a couple bags of groceries. Next is the extra cab truck, and though it isn't big enough for a teenager to sit back there, it is possible should the need arise. With two people in my truck, it's cramped. Extremely cramped.

When I bought my truck, I had the intentions of lowering it, turbo, etc. However the truck is just too small and somewhat unpractical now. And I can't see putting money into something if I don't like it.

That's why I looked at the Fronty. It's a lot bigger than past models, is better looking than past models, has a decent reputation ( I think?) and has decent resale value.

I did test drive an 06' KC, 4cyl, 2wd, auto and thought that the interior was extremely well laid out. Comfy seating position, controls, etc. Exterior looked nice as well. 4 wheel disc brakes- it's about time! Not too crazy about the 4 doors as that just creates alot of wind noise.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I do have one of the 4cyl Frontiers, had it for about a year now and it is a great truck. I have had zero problems and would buy another one in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just picked up my 5spd 4cyl kc this week (last monday actually) and I absolutly love it. I took it on vacation the day after I bought it and through the beginning hills of the Ozark mnts (arkansas) and city driving when I got back I avgd about 20mpg on the first tank of gas, not too bad. I expect I'll get a bit better when I resume my ~90mile trips (to and from combined) on the interstate to school on Monday. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input folks.

Every vehicle has it's little quirks, which after driving for some time, become evident. I spend alot of time driving, and it's the little things that make a difference such as cup holder location, radio location, buttons, switches, seats, ride quality, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts