Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another tire fitment question......I have 2000 Frontier 4x4 CrewCab that i am going to be running a 3" calmini lift on....i plan on buying a set of 16" wheels with 4.85 backspacing......I need to know what size tire i can run with little to no rubbing issues.....I may add 2" body lift as well so it would be nice to know what size with both lifts combined as well.......
Calmini's website says to run 265-75-16 but i would like to run 285-75-16 if i could get them to fit.......

thanks

Sorry if this answer is already out there i wasnt able to find it

Richard

·
Senior Moderator
4,558 Posts
click on the Frequently asked questions link in my signature and see if you can find your answers there.
Good luck.

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f78/offset-backspace-how-do-they-relate-61169/

FAQ said:
TIRE SIZES....

FLAT OUT... there is NO answer for the biggest tire you can run...

With minimal change, a 31" tire is usually never a problem... With a body lift, or 2" or better suspesion lift, a 32" tire is IDEAL...

YES... you can make larger tires fit... NO... there is no way to tell you what you can fit...

The size tire you can fit all comes down to what rim your using... and what the backspacing is... the wider the stance, the smaller the tire, because as you move to a wider offset, at full turn, your tire is no longer tucked inside the fender, and will rub with a smaller tire than with stock rims... Larger tires are simply trial and error... Sorry, the simple answer just doesn't exist....

·
Registered
578 Posts
My nismo came with 265/75/16s stock... so i would imagine you can fit a 285/75/16 with a 3" lift
He has a first gen. I'd be willing to bet that you would have to trim a little bit to get 285s to fit. 265s would probably fit without having to trim. Personally I would just trim a little bit and run the 285s.

·
Registered
206 Posts
He has a first gen. I'd be willing to bet that you would have to trim a little bit to get 285s to fit. 265s would probably fit without having to trim. Personally I would just trim a little bit and run the 285s.
ahhh thats what happens when you read to quickly and assume...:comphead:

·
Registered
578 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts