Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 frontier se 4.0 rwd
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I finally installed some Doug thorley long tubes on to my frontier, first off instalation time so fast, one person could easily do it within 5 hours with power tools. My roommate and I did it in about 3-4 hours by far easiest mod I've done. The only problem I faced and that others have dealt with is those damn heat shields, total pain in the a$$. Once they're gone though it's easy work. Literally unblot slide out the bottom, slide the new ones in and bolt back in.(please remember to remove the o2 sensors before removal and put them back on instal because you don't want that hanging the 20+lbs factory exhaust)
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle chain Bicycle part Automotive exhaust

Not a great picture but here's a side by side of the drivers head/cat to the headers.

I started the truck with open long tubes as any crazy kid would do and I could only Rev it up to 3k out of fear of setting off my roommates car alarm it was ridiculous. Once I put the rest of my exhaust on she definitely had a new sound. I run afe high flow secondary cats and an afe cat-back exhaust which in itself is pretty loud. But with the long tubes she screams, once you get up to the 2500-3500rpm range it crackles and pops like crazy. And at idle it sounds mean then once you step on it the noise it makes sounds like a 370z but with more bass and less trumpet.

BUT TAKE THIS WARNING TO HEART.....
A set up like mine or any long tube w/ aftermarket cat-back setup it will most likely be unbearable for daily driven life. But so far the 30 miles I've driven with it has been 50 smiles per gallon for myself.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I do have an open longtube cold start vid but I'm still trying to edit out my license plate, soon I'll do an in and out of cab sound test
Who care about your plate people see it everyday. They can not do anything with your plate number anyway.

Reactions: dnatured

·
Registered
2016 SL CC LB
9 Posts
Who care about your plate people see it everyday. They can not do anything with your plate number anyway.
I always wonder why folks feel the need to cover/blur their plates??? We see hundreds everyday on the road. Maybe there's a reason, but doesn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
I can get your your address off ServiceAz.com for a 5.00$ fee, but then if I saw your plate on the freeway I could just follow you to your house for free. I guess if your paranoid it matters.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts