Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on tuesday i am stopping by PRG to pick up....

1. Titan MT Arms
2. Titan Differential
3. Titan Ext axel shafts
4. Sleeves for shackles.

Unfortunately i am not in the best health so if anyone is available to lend a hand, i will gladley appriciate it. Food and beer will be provided by me. Im in Lake Forest but am willing to drive to the masses (ie SD i am often down there anyways)if someone wants to offer a garage. i have most of the tools so like Nizmuts thread, we can Call it a long travel party

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
hey we could all get together but then it would definitly be a long travel for all of us :)

sorry bad joke

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
not my truck, I will be going a different way when I want more front travel:laugh:

Oh yeah, you might want to find a better jump, the landing on that one looks like it sucks:)

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
that was the same jump i nose dived in..... /thread jack

depending on what time im down.... (hopefully ill be off work lol)

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it definitely has to be on a weekend. Im just getting all the parts before Greg brings it with him to Nor Cal. Im open on future weekends so until then, it will be in my back seat or in my garage.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
wonder if that was the Titan front dif he was offering to me? and then I wonder if that was Nimuts old titan front dif.
If it is it has brand new gear oil in it, $26 a quart so I wouldn't be wasting it. Has a outer cv boot with a small hole so might want to get a rebuild kit, I just put black tape on it and ran it home.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
If it is it has brand new gear oil in it, $26 a quart so I wouldn't be wasting it. Has a outer cv boot with a small hole so might want to get a rebuild kit, I just put black tape on it and ran it home.
is that the one you had in your truck? or is the one you sent to hoopers? [threadjack]Also I'm goign to be in the Bay sep 6th-to 13th I'm my itenary is very flexable right now and I realy want to spend as little time in the states as i can so if I can talk some one in to flying to canada with dureing that week I might just so i can get my passport stamped out of the country.[/threadjack]

also should we tell him that he is not getting long travel?

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
also should we tell him that he is not getting long travel?
do you mean me?

from what i saw, it is just the diff. I have some titan cv's from a guy on the titan forum.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah you the MT in the name is for Mid travel. I belive right now Camburg is the only one that makes an LT kit that and I don;t think any one has put on a frontier yet.. but realy it's about shock tunning not travel..
It is an MT kit for the Titan so it should cycle more for a frontier. What constitutes a long Travel? is it a certain increase in travel from stock? The stock titan arms that i have on now would be considered a MT kit for the frontier correct me if im wrong(wouldn't be the first time). If its not a long travel, then it is just more travel to gain from what i have now.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I thought long travel is anything that gets more than 15-16" of travel on the frontiers.... fully utilizing 8" coil overs.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
i can lend a hand as far as turning wrenches and a little muscle goes, but thats about it. lake forrest isn't too far from me. just let me know.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
It is an MT kit for the Titan so it should cycle more for a frontier. What constitutes a long Travel? is it a certain increase in travel from stock? The stock titan arms that i have on now would be considered a MT kit for the frontier correct me if im wrong(wouldn't be the first time). If its not a long travel, then it is just more travel to gain from what i have now.
dosen;t work that way should get abotu the same travel on your frontier as if it was on a titan.. i thoguht the same thing when it first came out.. Also with you being 4WD your not goign to get more then 15-16 clean inches.. even if you were 2wd your going to that is about were the unibal is going to max out.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
I am down to help out;I have seen it done a few times:)... Although you are on your own when it comes to all your 4wd mumbo jumbo.

And as far as the long travel vs mid travel...I will throw in my two cents. Travel needed is directly related to the size and weight of the vehicle in correlation with how much power it is putting out. On a Full size truck with a decent v8, 15" of travel is not a whole lot at all when you consider the power, weight, and stock travel of the vehicle. If you take an old 22r Tacoma with 15" of travel and put it up against the Titan in the desert; there is a high likelihood that the Titan would get spanked in the rough stuff.

Specifically on the Titan; with the PRG kit, you are only increasing wheel travel by 4"-5" max...or roughly 40-50% if you will. Due to the minimal increase in wheel travel over stock I would classify it as a mid travel set up. However; the Frontier starts life with a mere 6" of gnartastic travel...when you add the PRG set up (assuming hoops and proper coilovers are used) you are increasing your wheel travel by roughly 120%. So, in my opinion, the PRG kit on the Frontier would be a long travel set up due to the increase in wheel travel over stock.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will be happy with 16" of clean travel. Hoops, 8" c/o, and bumps will happen when I sell the existing kit I have now but
For now just the stock saws and coil buckets. Hope to be finished by the january trip.appreciate all the help I can get.
Does any military guys use the hobby shop on base? I'm allowed in for the next few months while I'm still a reservist.
Might be quick with a lift. Just a thought

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
camburg is in huntington beach. they have a bunch of their kits on display in their showroom. take a short drive up here and check it out. i'm sure it would not be hard to take a longtravel kit from a ranger and use it on a frontier.

just grind off the stock tabs and get some nice plate welded to the frame. use some brackets/tabs from ruffstuff or ballistic fabrication and you are done. camburg would probably even do the custom fabbing for you as well.
if you come down, let me know and i'll drive over in the beast.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts