Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Frontier SE crew cab, 4x4 with the 3.3L, auto tranny and 122,000 miles. Lately it has developed an issue that I can find the solution for. When the truck is warm and it sits for 15 mins or longer it takes 5-6 seconds of cranking to get the truck to start and once it is running it stumbles for another 5 seconds or so, but after that the truck runs like a top. When the truck is cold the crank time is short/normal and there is no apparent stumble or rough idle. The whole distributor (also cap and rotor) was replaced about 1000 miles ago, the plugs and wires were done about 35000-40000 miles ago. I thought maybe the problem was the MAF sensor so I cleaned it, that may have helped a little bit but not much. I have used 2 different scan tools and there are no codes, also according to a friend that is a mechanic all the numbers from the scan tools look right, he didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing my Frontier to act up?

·
Super Moderator
3,772 Posts
One or more fuel injectors can lead to this, so checking the fuel pressure and doing a fuel pressure leakdown test would be a good idea. A dirty or faulty IACV-AAV valve or too low of a base idle setting can also cause this.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just wondering if you were able to fix your hard/long starting when hot and rough idle. Mine has developed the same symptoms as you describe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts