Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Logos/Vinyl Ideas?

5K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  domoMKIV 
#1 ·
Looking for designs to do vinyl on my truck once it gets out of paint. You guys have any cool baja like logos saved anywhere? Im doing this on my hood to give you an idea what I am looking for. Thanks

See less See more
#4 ·
maybe some type of custom Nismo logo or something. not sure though.

#9 ·
Hey man, I know you didn't get much help or ideas on this so Id figure Id post up the vinyl I just ordered to give you a bump, and to see if you guys can help me out.

So I've been wanting a nice simple XE vinyl, and so I finally got one made today. It was like 20 bucks and there gonna have it done on thursday for me. I got them to make it in white and its in the nissan font with the capital XE for XE POWER BABY!!! Its also about 18" in width and about 10" in heigth all together. I was planning on getting it and putting it up in the corner of my rear window and cutting off some of the edges like in the pics I photoshopped below.

However, as soon as I got home I started thinking. What if I got it in black and put it in the same fashion on the upper right of my tailgate. If I want them to make it in black instead I can probably call them tomorrow and let them know, but I cant decide. So I'll let you guys look at the last pic and let me know what you think. White on rear window? or Black on tailgate?

#11 ·
I was just trying to see whether you guys thought it looked better with the white on window or black on tailgate. Or do you just think they both look crappy?

I wanted something to show my xe pride, but wanted it to look cool and be simple.

I already ordered it though so now I just have to figure out if i should get black or white and either tailgate or window. Or anywhere else, what do you guys think. Im stuck with the design, but maybe not the color and not the location.

Also, if I really dont like it I could always just take it off. Its just a giant sticker basically, hahaha. Thanks for the opinions though, I really like your guys opinions.

#13 ·
Hmmm. Do you guys think that would be visible enough and look good? IDK, I really dont know what to do. But you guys probably have more experience and know what will look good.

#14 ·
Any body got an opinion or can help me on the color and location they think I should put this sticker. They said I can still change color and where I want to put it obviously. But I still am getting just the simple Nissan "XE". Anyone????

#17 ·
IDK I photoshopped a black one on the glass and its hard to see on that rear window thats already so dark. Anyone else have a black sticker on the back window. Im tempted to tell them to just do it in black that way I could put it anywhere and maybe it would look good on the window, but to me white and "in your face" looks better.

What do you mean by etched glass?

#20 ·
My buddy has an SD sticker in black on the rear of his Ranger with 15% tint, its about the same size the one you photoshoped on your rear window. I was sitting behind him at a light the other day and could not tell it was him because I could not the decal and there is nothing else unique about his truck. It seems to me it only stands out when in direct sunlight and you can see how the light reflects differently on the glass and vinyl................. I say White on the rear window looks best.

#18 ·
Yeah the rear slider is really dark. I have the solid glass now and it's not as dark, big difference. Lol. Anyway, etched glass is just a different look, maybe you'll like carbon fiber instead. It's dark but it stands out, but these are the "etched glass" look.

#21 · (Edited)
Hmmm, I might like that idea. Its still a regular sticker right? Just kind of frosted?

would look best in clear on the glass.

Already says XE on the tailgate. Seems about as silly as putting a big FRONTIER sticker on there......it's already back there.
Hahahaha thanks for the sarcasm dude, I appreciate it though. I know it maybe kind of dumb but I wanted something to fill up the window a little and make it unique. I didnt know what to get, but since Im proud to be tricking out my XE base model truck I figured a big XE would be cool. If I dont like it I can always take it off, we'll see.

My buddy has an SD sticker in black on the rear of his Ranger with 15% tint, its about the same size the one you photoshoped on your rear window. I was sitting behind him at a light the other day and could not tell it was him because I could not the decal and there is nothing else unique about his truck. It seems to me it only stands out when in direct sunlight and you can see how the light reflects differently on the glass and vinyl................. I say White on the rear window looks best.
Thanks for your opinion man, I know it may not be everyones favorite sticker, but at least I know Im not totally crazy thinking the white looks best. :)

#19 ·
would look best in clear on the glass.

Already says XE on the tailgate. Seems about as silly as putting a big FRONTIER sticker on there......it's already back there.

#23 ·
is it installed from the back or still on the outside?

#24 ·
LOL, you boys need me to make a thread on How-to- Install Vinyl Graphics? from a girl's view.

1. Clean glass
2. Position sticker and use scotch/blue paint tape to hold corners.
3. Step back, make sure you've got in the sweet spot.
4. Secure a piece of tape that crosses the entire sticker right in the middle.
5. Peel back whatever first half you want to work with and cut the backing. Use a squeegie from center towards the edges.
6. Remove tape and other half of sticker backing and do the same thing as 5.
7. Step back and enjoy!

:p

It's applied from the outside lol Unless you think someone might jack it lol just kidding!

#25 ·
Well I got it on and I like it. All that matters to me.

#30 ·
^^I hate skulls on anything. But dude if thats real, that is pretty rad. Even I would rock that scheme.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.