Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like something cool to add to the truck. How bout a hat?

·
Registered
182 Posts
i'd got for hat! especially to cover my balding head! :lol:
i can't fight my destiny, but i could at least cover it up.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Hats

I checked with a friend of mine that has some computer operated sewing machines to see what the cost would be. There is a $50 set up fee and then the cost would be $12 to $15 per hat depending on the hat ordered.

This would be for the CLUBFRONTIER in black with a red border like in the logo at the
top of the page. If there were 50 hats that would add $1 per hat to absorb the set up
fee less hats would mean a higher cost per hat.

He said that the hats could be different colors, but that he would prefer that we order 4 at a time as that is how many machines he has and that would keep the cost down for us.

The down side of it all is that you would still have to pay to have it shipped to you.
not sure of that cost but I imagine it would be $5 to $10 depending on where you live.

I thought about pricing a small Nissan logo on the back to kind of dress it up, but it looks
like it might be too expensive even without that added cost.

OkieScot

·
Registered
182 Posts
thnx okiescot for doing the legwork. since it's still in the brainstorming process, we'll just have to wait and see who actually will buy one. count me in though. that's a pretty big cost for just 3 hats 8O if you know what i mean

·
Registered
65 Posts
count me in also, and just fyi. most people spend $20-25 for hats with specific logo's on them. i know i do.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Patches

jojo said:
what about patches, then you can put them on anything you want, backpacks or hats, ect.... would it be cheeper?
Jojo,

I'll try to check tomorrow but I am sure the set up charge will be the same and he is giving me a break on that charge. I think the patch would be more expensive as it would have an additional cost for the backing material and then you would still have to
buy something to put it on.

Of course once the set up charge was defrayed over a large number of orders it would not be another set up charge to do the patches or more hats.

OkieScot

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, since it WAS my idea for the hats, I suppose I should commit to buying at least 1. :D

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Patches

Jojo,

I checked today and the patches would be $7.50 each plus the set up charge. my
friend said that the patches would not look very good on hats as the hats have a cur-
vature to them.

He very strongly discouraged me from doing the patches as he said they would not look nearly as nice as stitching directly onto whatever you want the logo placed on.

OkieScot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts