Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck came with this locking gas cap. I don't expect any vandals to siphon my gas, so I bought a new OEM cap.

Comes with 2 keys. Don't know what brand it is. It can be left "unlocked" and taken on/off without a key or locked after installing.

It never gave me any trouble, but since it is free it's going AS-IS.

Free + you cover the cost of shipping. Should be $5-6 parcel post for lower 48.

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sending PM - Been looking for one

·
Registered
397 Posts
My truck came with this locking gas cap. I don't expect any vandals to siphon my gas, so I bought a new OEM cap.

Comes with 2 keys. Don't know what brand it is. It can be left "unlocked" and taken on/off without a key or locked after installing.

It never gave me any trouble, but since it is free it's going AS-IS.

Free + you cover the cost of shipping. Should be $5-6 parcel post for lower 48.
Was the plastic packaging under the cap in your first pic from the OEM cap you bought?

I'd love to find a lockable gas cap for my Frontier.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to be misleading. That is the bag the new non-locking OEM cap came out of.

I'm not sure who the manufacturer of the cap was, and there were no identifying markings that I recall.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sorry to be misleading. That is the bag the new non-locking OEM cap came out of.

I'm not sure who the manufacturer of the cap was, and there were no identifying markings that I recall.
...no worries, you weren't mis-leading; I could sort of make out Nissan on the package but just wanted to be sure::smile::

The "Slant" option others have mentioned is cheap enough and I just want it as a deterrence to mystery [email protected] finding its way into the Fronty's tank.

Too bad they just don't have an inside remote door release on them, it really is 2017!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts