Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you guys have loaded either a dirtbike or a sportbike into your bed? I currently do some sportbike racing and was looking for a ramp to load into the back of the frontier. Now to kill two birds with one stone I have seen this on the internet. Its a combination bed extender/ramp for loading bikes. http://www.motorcycleramps.com/rrextender.htm

What ya guys think? Pretty good prices as well..

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jojo said:
i like it. but my bike wont fit in my bed. 05 yamaha v-star 1100. i need a trailer :cry:
Yeah thats a pretty big bike. Do you know the length? I have measured mine and the back tire will basically sit on the tailgate.

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
05FRONTY said:
jojo said:
i like it. but my bike wont fit in my bed. 05 yamaha v-star 1100. i need a trailer :cry:
Yeah thats a pretty big bike. Do you know the length? I have measured mine and the back tire will basically sit on the tailgate.
the lenght is 94.7" , width 35.2" and wheelbase is 64.6"... dry weight is 571 lbs.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There has to be more peeps here that have loaded a dirt or sport bike into their truck? 8O :?:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bike Loading

I prefer to keep the loading of bikes into the backs of trucks the biggest pain in the butt possible.

That way, it prevents some jerk from backing his truck up to my bike and quickly loading it onto his bed for a quick getaway.

Ha!

Keep it tough. Less theft.

That's my motto.

(and of course, I keep it garaged, disk locked, and all that) ;O)

·
Registered
23 Posts
My brother uses my truck all the time to carry his Kawasaki Ninja. If I remember right, he bought a three-fold ramp from Harbor Freight for around $70 that seems to work alright.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here's one of my bikes loaded up. I don't think any of the bed extenders, including the ready-ramp one will fit because of the way you have to put the bed extender in. Maybe the ready-ramp mounts in differently than the rest though. But even if it does, i think the rear tire sits out to far.

As for the ramps i use.. i use 2-piece Oxlite (I think) ramps. They come apart so it allows me to stick them in the back seat and not leave them in the bed to be stolen. I use 2 ramps, one to roll my bike up and the other to walk up. Stepping on a box or something next to the ramp like some people do scares me.

Attachments

·
Banned
410 Posts
that bed extender/ramp is a sweet idea. but nothing i would do.

my r6 fits in my bed crooked just great, but thats only if i take the tonneau cover off, so i have alittle trailer, but i never haul my bike anyway. but i have stuck a banshee on top of the tonneau cover, that worked pretty slick. but i was worried about it cracking it, but it never did.

·
Registered
320 Posts
i use a regular ramp to get my gsxr or f4i into my 05 kc.
i have the ramp that fold in 2.
i likr th eidea of the bed extended/ ramp as im always having to tie the ramp down or wedge it unthe the bike.
i also us e a 'borrowed' milk crate to help as a step when i walk the bike up the ramp in first gear.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I am in the market for these as well. well ramp that is.

how do you keep the bike up right using one ramp? I mean once you push the bike up the bed, how the heck do you do that? any video how-to on pushing a bike up with one ramp?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I carry my vintage dirt bikes in my CC Nismo. I was disappointed to find out that the factory bed extender will not work with a bike in the back. You can't put the bed extender back in because it hits the bike. It would probably work with a KC instead of my CC. Here is a picture from a recent trip to Oklahoma. I still love my Frontier but it would be nice to be able to use the bed extender for hauling bikes.

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
I was looking at this one by Oxlite.
it's a foldable ramp, wider

Folds to a length of 47", making storage a snap

The specially designed self-locking hinge creates an upside-down V shape when unfolded, which prevents the bike from bottoming out when going from the ramp onto the truck bed

Rubber Tipped Fingers provide a strong grip

94" length reduces incline for comfortable and safe loading and unloading

Patented Slotted tubing provides greater strength

Includes 1 steel safety cable to secure the ramp while in use

Guaranteed for five years
$169.99
I know Oxlite also sells this other foldable ramp in pairs for $239.99

http://shop.loading-ramps.us/detail.aspx?ID=41

·
Registered
733 Posts
here's the one sold in pairs

Model 98C Ramp $231.99 includes shipping.
12" wide x 89" long, weight: 42 lbs. Folded size: 12" wide x 5" deep x 44.5" long.

Multi Purpose: ATV, motorcycle, lawn mower, equipment.

1000 lbs. capacity

8 rubber-tipped fingers

0.438" serrated crossbars

Constructed of 0.073 gauge aluminum

Includes 2 adjustable saftey cables with S hooks

Guaranteed 5 years
http://www.cargogear.com/Oxlite/Oxlite.htm

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have loaded my dirt bike and snowmachine in the back of my 05 CC. I have a tri fold ramp that will work for dirt bikes, snowmachines and ATV's.

Does anyone know how much weight the tailgate is designed to hold?

·
Registered
733 Posts
what brand is the tri-fold that you use?

there this other brand I was keen on getting
Oxlites, any one used these?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Bighert3rd said:
I have loaded my dirt bike and snowmachine in the back of my 05 CC. I have a tri fold ramp that will work for dirt bikes, snowmachines and ATV's.

Does anyone know how much weight the tailgate is designed to hold?
not sure? but i do no for sure that it will hold just over 500lbs. i've loaded my bike quit a few times.

·
Banned
41 Posts
bump...I'm thinking about picking up a readyramp and was wondering if there was any new info.

I am able to use the factory bed extender, but it's a real P I A to get it on and off and it's not worth it.

Does the readyramp work with a dirtbike in at an angle of a CC ?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Ok, so I have a question for you guys. I had someone tell me that if I were to haul a bike, etc. and rest the rear wheel on the tailgate of my 05 CC that it would exceed the load ratings of the tailgate and might "stretch" the cables that hold the tailgate up. I was also told that this would not be covered by the warranty. Anybody have any thoughts or comments on this? Total BS, valid concerns? :roll:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts