Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Frontier SE crew cab that I use for towing a camper. Does anyone know of any load compensating shocks that will fit?

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Shocks do not carry load.
There are shocks that increase /decrease damping.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Air bags are the best way to go in my opinion.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yeah, those load adjustable shocks that are occasionally sold are kind of a gimmicky. You are basically putting potentially hundreds of pounds of extra weight and stress on a bracket that wasn't necessarily designed to hold it. I understand it's an easy option, but airbags are also pretty easy and much more proven. That would be my vote. Or upgrading your leaf springs. But if you do end up getting some sort of load adjusting rear shock let us know how it works, I would be interested in long term results.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Roadmaster Active Suspension...can vouch for it on my first gen Tacoma, will be getting it for my Frontier. It's basically an antiroll bar, traction bar, and enhanced load controller in a single device.

·
Registered
682 Posts
One of their salespeople called and wanted my employer to carry their line, offering a free kit to try.

No Frontier applications. "There's not enough room between the spring and the frame for our product to work on your vehicle."

It does look like a cool product, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts