Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, driving in rush hour with a manual Fronty just sucks, never mind the burning clutch and the real crappy mileage when you are stuck in first or second gear for 40 minutes.

To that end I found a 2006 'Bucket' of a Sentra with 35000 miles on it for under 8 grand that sips gas and complains much less in traffic.

(Don't get me wrong, the Fronty is not going anywhere, the 2 of us still have many more miles of work and fun to look forward to.)

Now, to get something that cheap, it has air, but that is the only thing beyond a motor that this thing has. I never open the windows so they can be hand cranked and who can use cruise in rush hour anyway; but remembering to lock all 4 doors appears to be beyond my capability early in the morning.

Now, there are multiple kits out there to add power locks and remotes to cars, but I need to know if the Sentra has the old rod style locks or the newer cable style actuators.

I tried to pull the door panel tonight, but need some trim tools to not mess up arm rests. The maintenance manual looks like they are rods, but who can be sure with those pictures.

If any of you could shed some light, I would really appreciate it!

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
B15sentra.net - Nissan Sentra Forum - View Single Post - My FINAL system pics. (I hope..)

Rods in those pics. That is a Sentra, not sure what year but it's between 2000 and 2003. If you want to ask further, try posting in the technical forum on b15sentra.net. Very helpful people there, and if you search, you might find that someone has already done the install and you'll get your info quicker.
Did you used to have a B15 and are/were you a member of b15sentra? Your username looks familiar...if so I used to post under diwun67 there hahah

1 - 4 of 4 Posts