Nissan Frontier Forum banner
41 - 60 of 116 Posts

· Registered
125 Posts
You guys that did the Center Arm Rest Cover, would you happen to have a step by step of the process?
Or is it fairly obvious once you take it off?

I have been wanting to do this for awhile now. My dog's nails scratch it up like cutting butter.

· Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
1,575 Posts
You guys that did the Center Arm Rest Cover, would you happen to have a step by step of the process?
Or is it fairly obvious once you take it off?

I have been wanting to do this for awhile now. My dog's nails scratch it up like cutting butter.
Unscrew it from the console, take off the cover, wrap it in whatever, put it all back together. My 16 year old did his after watching me do mine.

· Registered
533 Posts
Remote start or window tint. Both are saviors during hot summers.
Katana LEDs for sure. Much better visibility at night.

Reactions: Frontier75

· Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X Crew Cab
17 Posts
Bought some flood lights off Amazon for $70 with a wiring harness and clamps. Faced them backwards on my roof rack. Best thing ever, super nice to hook up the trailer in the dark or just backing down a driveway or trail in the dark.

· Registered
604 Posts
I'll second (or third) the ORG hood lift. I have always hated prop rods.

It makes it so much nicer to not have to screw around with trying to find the hole in the dark (guess I'm out of practice :D), and grabbing a hot rod can be a little uncomfortable....

Get your minds out of the gutter, I'm talking about the hood prop rod!

· Registered
2019 Frontier SV V6 4x4
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I’ve seen a ton of cools mods in threads, so I thought it might be cool to see what all you guys have done to your Frontiers! My list is shorter, but I’ll start.

Mods:
Window Tint
New Michelin Defender tires
Anti dust mats (Link)
Sealight LED headlight bulbs
LED backup bulbs/license plate bulbs
Stubby antenna
New cup holder inserts (were missing)
LED dome light bulbs.
More to come soon…

· Premium Member
9,010 Posts
You should start a build thread or contribute to "What have you done to your Frontier lately" thread...just sayin'. 😬

· Registered
2006 Nissan Frontier XE 2wd
58 Posts
I tell you what, a good sub woofer, I have a 1200 watt 10" sub woofer behind the driver seat of my truck and I love it! I'm actually looking at putting a second one behind my passenger seat. I drive a king cab so i'm not worried about loosing room in the back for people to sit because there's not enough room for them anyways, especially behind the driver seat, i'm 6'+ so I sit all the way back its not like anyone can fit behind me anyways LOL.

· Registered
1,503 Posts
It's funny the opinions on prop rods. Personally I prefer the prop rod as it's simple and works. The struts will eventually stop working and since the ORG kit is custom made, you will be forced to buy another kit from them since you can't get anything off the shelf. Maybe not a problem for some, but I'd rather just have the rod that can't fail. I do wish it held the hood up a bit higher, but oh well.

· Premium Member
9,010 Posts
^^^ Agreed. All the heat under the hood will contribute to the eventual failure of the struts - and a hood coming down. Head and/or fingers?

· Registered
1,503 Posts
^^^ Agreed. All the heat under the hood will contribute to the eventual failure of the struts - and a hood coming down. Head and/or fingers?
I don't hate them in an OEM application since I can at least run to the store and get new ones when needed. they usually fail slow enough to not just drop the hood down on you when you're under it. however I do appreciate that the rod won't drop the hood ever. I just don't like that the aftermarket strut kits are not using a standard part so I can't go to the store for a replacement. I guess most people don't keep their trucks long enough for it to matter and those who like the struts enough will just buy another $60 kit or call them up and see if they can buy some new struts only for a bit less than the kit.

· Registered
5,275 Posts
Bought some flood lights off Amazon for $70 with a wiring harness and clamps. Faced them backwards on my roof rack. Best thing ever, super nice to hook up the trailer in the dark or just backing down a driveway or trail in the dark.
Or the buffoon tailgating with his brights on.

· Registered
2017 SV LWB 4x4
620 Posts
It's funny the opinions on prop rods. Personally I prefer the prop rod as it's simple and works. The struts will eventually stop working and since the ORG kit is custom made, you will be forced to buy another kit from them since you can't get anything off the shelf. Maybe not a problem for some, but I'd rather just have the rod that can't fail. I do wish it held the hood up a bit higher, but oh well.
Once you have it you can replace the pistons easily. Just match them up online or at a parts store by measurement and end angle.

41 - 60 of 116 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.