Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
I like the back and wouldn’t mind doing it to mine. I think they call mine night armor.. so it would kinda go with it. The rear bumper and grille is only chrome on it.

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
To each their own. I dig your truck a lot. I read a little one your suspension setup. Looks like the perfect amount of lift for our trucks IMO
Thanks for the compliment.
And thanks for not getting all sensitive just because someone doesn't agree with you on a forum (y)

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
Rear bumper looks solid! Prep steps for both front and back?
Hopefully there was actual surface prep, especially the chrome surface of the rear bumper. Proper job is to primer the front bumper with flex agent then paint; rear chrome should be stripped off (scuffing would be the shortcut way), then sand, then prime, then paint.

If it was just wiped clean then sprayed on... :oops:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the compliment.
And thanks for not getting all sensitive just because someone doesn't agree with you on a forum (y)
Well the way I see it, it's my truck lol. If I like it, that's all that matters. As far as prep for the bumpers....we'll see! Lol, if it doesn't hold up I'll let you all know

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LineX local to me wanted $600 a side to do rockers. Rear Bumper was $250 additional. You got a good deal I think. LineX will run “specials”, as the call it,when business is slow.
Dang! That's really high for a bumper...and that rocker price 😬

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
LineX local to me wanted $600 a side to do rockers. Rear Bumper was $250 additional. You got a good deal I think. LineX will run “specials”, as the call it,when business is slow.
Sounds about right... a few years ago I got a quote from an authorized Line-X dealer for $275 for just the rear bumper - but that was for a complete disassemble (remove from the truck), full prep, prime, Line-X, then put everything back together. I like how the quote was for a thorough job... Some places would just mask off the back of the truck and just spray the entire rear in one shot... obviously they quoted less.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Diddo. Got a quote of $700 per side for the rocker panels. shop said it was the labor of taping off all the areas around/inside doors ect... that drives up the cost. Still want to do it though.

Nice job on the rear, looks sharp.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Diddo. Got a quote of $700 per side for the rocker panels. shop said it was the labor of taping off all the areas around/inside doors ect... that drives up the cost. Still want to do it though.

Nice job on the rear, looks sharp.
Thanks! More to come in time!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yeah, I had issues with LineX too. They quoted me $2k to do the rockers and
$900 to spray the hood citing labor as the reason. I got the rockers done
for $600 and the hood done for $120 with Rhino Liner. Same city, same area,
shops were about 4 miles apart. Doubt "labor" was the reason.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Any idea how much weight this added?
Line X's site says "LINE-X weights around .7 pounds per square foot and it is sprayed to a thickness of ⅛ of an inch so it is not thick" or 40-70 pounds depending on bed size. I wouldn't think it'd weigh much more than having an extra person with you at all times. But I'll defer to Sean

1 - 20 of 21 Posts