Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(6 speed) Today I mis-calculated the air density at a stoplight and stalled out :rolleyes:. After restarting, it would sputter at 3/4 throttle like it was fuel starved. I pulled over, shut down and everything was back to normal...just wondering if anyone has experienced this before.

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
I had a similar issue. I was installing the 93 octane tune from my Superchip. Originally I was running the 91 performance. Anyways, after installing the 93 tune I started my truck up and backed out of the driveway. I pushed the gas and had no throttle response. So I floored it and still had nothing, but the truck would move forward at idling speed (automatic). With the gas floored it literally crawled forward like when you take your foot off the gas on an automatic vehicle at a stop light and it creeps along. So I backed into the driveway, removed the tune completely and it ran fine. I re-installed the91 tune and it works perfect. I asked about this and no one had an answer for me, not even Scott and Superchips. So I said F the 93 tune, I'll just stay at 91.

Long story short, I have had a similar experience, but have no idea why it happened.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts