Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
i got an 98 xe ext cab 4x4 4banger
I have been driving around with a ses light on recently. I had taken it to a shop to get the code checked awhile ago and they said its a p1440 light and that just making sure the gas cap is seated better and they got me a new cap aswell. the light would come and go light usually would come on when the fuel was low.

so tonight i was driving home from dinner after not diving my truck for 4days. i come up to a stop and pushed my clutch a little late. when i pushed the clutch after it started to sputter the brake and battery light came on. i got home and checked under the hood since it sounded like it was boiling.

right now im letting it cool before i look at it alittle more. anyone have any idea on what i should look for?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok so i took a look at it and sound was the alternator belt that had fallen off due to a loose fan pulley or what ever you call it. changing belts today and going to look at the fan.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.