Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to mount lights on my roof rack ('04 crew cab). My plans are to run the wiring thru the tubes and roof and inside the front post. Any advice or previous threads on this (I'm new to the forum)?

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Make sure you seal any holes with a large amount of silicone. Even if the holes are hidden, its is still a good ideal just in case. Plus, silicone is cheap if you need to rip it out and run some more wires.

The crossbars may need some additional support. I know the 2nd gens do but the 1st gens seem to be a little more stout. It is still a concern thou so keep it in mind.

Past that, the wiring is not going to be bad. Just make sure you run a relay and fuse the circuit.

Lastly, make sure you aim your lights correctly. If you offroad, make sure you aim the outer set to the sides some and the centers forward. If you are going just for looks, then do whatever you would like.

Side Note: IDK if you go into parking garages or anything but keep note of your overall height and what clearance you have. Others have added lights and are not unable to park in garages and other have added lifts with the lights and are unable to park in parking garages. Just a thought.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. . .hadn't really considered the clearance issue, but don't have a lift kit under it yet. Plans are to crank up the bars and put 31's on it. I don't really do much off roading. . . . just hunting and fishing in hard to access areas. I live in Louisiana and not much rock crawlin here.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I ran mine thru the bar and into the car. Works out good.. Just make sure you fill the hole up with water proof silicon and you should be golden. I have a four 5 1/2inch lights up on top.. looks good to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts