Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had 3 lights mounted on my defiant light bar and they were great. Only problem is the little button to turn them on and off has a green light for on, and a red light for off. When the truck is off the red light stays lit bright which means I'm still getting power to it. I thought it would shut off after locking the truck like my cab lights but it doesn't. I have almost no experience with electrical wiring so is there a very easy fix for this or do I have to bring it to a shop? I can snap some pictures if it makes it easier. Thanks in advance hopefully my battery is still fresh enough not to die on me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Led's have a very low draw, so I think your ok.
As for the light turning off? If after you lock yek and it stays on you probably don't have the power tapped into the lights.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Led's have a very low draw, so I think your ok.
As for the light turning off? If after you lock yek and it stays on you probably don't have the power tapped into the lights.

This is the light that won't turn off. The led lights themselves are completely off no glow at all and they function fine

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
The light in the switch is the led I was referring to.
Where are you getting your power from fote the lights?
It's also possible that is the way they work.
If you had an aftermarket alarm in the 80's, there would have been an led installed in your dash that would be on the whole time the alarm was on.
I used to install them for a living.
I don't think I would worry about it.
Good luck

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. Anybody else have experience with this issue? My thinking was that it would take a very long time for the smallest light in the world to drain my battery to the point of it dying.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IfIf you want the red light to stay off, you will need to tap the power into an ignition on power source. Or,change the switch.
If I changed it to a switch with no light on it would there still be power running to it creating a problem?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts