Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a lot of snow up here in Nebraska right now, and I have been wanting to do a 3in lift on my frontier for a long time. I have 200 saved up right now specifically for the lift. (just bought some 31s..600$...) I have a 1998 XE/KC frontier 4x4 5 speed. I have already leveled out the front with the back (torsion crank, 2 full turns on right, 2.5 on left) I DID have the truck re-aligned after I leveled it out. Can you do the 3in lift with stock upper control arms for a couple weeks until I can get new ones? I was planning on cranking the t bars up about 2.5in, and throwing some shackles on in the back.

Will I need to realign it after I crank it up a little more? I dont want to chance wearing my 600$ wranglers down...

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Yes you will need to get another alignment done. Any time you adjust ride height it's a good idea to get an alignment. I don't believe the factory t-bars can handle that much cranking. I think you need to buy after market bars that are heavier duty than stock. Don't quote me on this though.

Most guys only go 1.5" on factory t-bars when they do a PML (poor man's lift). You should just keep saving and wait a bit so you can afford the HD bars. Good luck man.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, cool. The truck I have has 62XXX miles on it and its a 1998, previous owner was a old man. I think He never hit a bump with the truck in his life haha. I did see in the sticky that the stock torsion bars are adequate for 3+in cranking... With reindexing.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
I would not worrie about the hd torsion bars unless you are gong to get a aftermarket bummper like a shrock or KMA. If you need more lift out of your torsion bars I would just re index them. The aftermarket A arms will only help with alingment not lift. I got about 2.5 inch of lift out of my PML and still have the stock A-arms and over 100K on the clock with the lift with the only issuse I have is my back leaf spring are starting to go flat

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would not worrie about the hd torsion bars unless you are gong to get a aftermarket bummper like a shrock or KMA. If you need more lift out of your torsion bars I would just re index them. The aftermarket A arms will only help with alingment not lift. I got about 2.5 inch of lift out of my PML and still have the stock A-arms and over 100K on the clock with the lift with the only issuse I have is my back leaf spring are starting to go flat
SWEEEEET!!! I wil order the AC ucas soon, Im glad I wont die in the mean time due to a ball joint blowing out on me one day. They are tight still...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts