Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys colarado kid made a thread about lifting coils awhile back and iv been talking to him about it. 4x4 parts offers lifting coils that add 2.5inches. my question is has anyone done this route yet? what type of shocks will i need? the adjustable ride bilsteins are like 90bucks a peice(a bit pricey) was wondering what my options were?

esentially i think it is like building ur own coilover? i think it is as simple as putting new coils and shocks in...

o and i will be running these with 3in spacers...

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Hey guys colarado kid made a thread about lifting coils awhile back and iv been talking to him about it. 4x4 parts offers lifting coils that add 2.5inches. my question is has anyone done this route yet? what type of shocks will i need? the adjustable ride bilsteins are like 90bucks a peice(a bit pricey) was wondering what my options were?

esentially i think it is like building ur own coilover? i think it is as simple as putting new coils and shocks in...

o and i will be running these with 3in spacers...
Are you 2wd? A lot of people have done the AC coil lift, and some have broken the AC coils. Pathfinder coils don't give as much lift, but their safer. Your OEM shocks will be useless, so new shocks are recommended.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I had them with OEM SE shocks for about 6 months before I decided to get the Calmini lift. I don't recommend them. They were in the back of my truck for about a month after I took them off and was waiting to put them in my storage unit or sell them or something, and one of them snapped in half. At that point they were about a year old, but like I said had only been on the truck for half that time, no offroading or anything. I'm just glad it wasn't on my truck when it happened.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
i have also heard they are a very stiff coil....like a 750 lb spring rate

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
i have also heard they are a very stiff coil....like a 750 lb spring rate
They are stiff at the being but only Radflo uses that stiff of a coil.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
i think its something to the effect that the radflos greg builds also use 750lb springs on most setups unless you request something different. my radflo 2.0's have 750 lb springs and they are rough in the winter (esp on NY pot-hole laden roads) but pretty smoth in the summer...

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
would u recommend a 650 spring rate?

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
for the northern states, yes. now that im in FL, i dont mind the 750s anymore cuz the roads arent as beat up and the springs stay softer.

the 750s can be jarring over potholes and speedbumps tho when those springs stiffen up in the cold weather.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
The spacers will not work with the AC coils. Even they warn against doing this. I say get the 3" spacer then add new bumpstops. I have had my spacers on now since like 28k miles on my truck. It now has 53k on the ODO and they are still working just fine.

·
Registered
571 Posts
x2

·
Registered
148 Posts
yeah i've heard of this problem, but i will be putting in bilstein 5125's with them and i asked 4x4parts about this problem. they said it happens, but not that commonly. the way to fix this is to get new shocks. the OEM's are typically what's on the truck when these break, anyways, we'll just see if i have any problems then, eh? you never know if you dont go.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
yeah i've heard of this problem, but i will be putting in bilstein 5125's with them and i asked 4x4parts about this problem. they said it happens, but not that commonly. the way to fix this is to get new shocks. the OEM's are typically what's on the truck when these break, anyways, we'll just see if i have any problems then, eh? you never know if you dont go.
Good deal just take pics

1 - 14 of 14 Posts