Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. just wondering what kind of gas milage your getting with your lifted frontiers. thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just a level kit and im currently getting 15mpg

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have a leveling kit with 285's and I am getting 13-14 but I am in alaska and have to warm my truck up for a bit longer than normal. In the summer i get a bit better.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys. anyone else? maybe a 3inch to 6inch lift?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
3" lift here and you can see my average mpg in my sig

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I've got 6" susp lift and 34" tire, avg around 15-16 better on highway

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I dunnow.. somewhere around 6"?.. 15mpg. on 32" A/Ts. says the trip computer per tank.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
what did you get before the lift?
I drive a lot slower and easier on the throttle now with the tires/lift. When I was stock my BEST mpg trip was around 21 mpg all hwy w/cruise control and no a/C. Now that same trip is 18 mpg.

So with the tires/lift I've lost a solid 3 mpg.

·
Registered
315 Posts
8ish of lift on 35's. I get 12 or so city. and only like 13 at 65+ highway.
I think the 35's have more to do with it that the lift.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
i get around 13mpg highway. no joke.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yep.

2" lift and get 16mpg. Trucks are pretty thirst stock. I lost at least 1.5 mpgs with the mini lift and tires.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
before i put the calmini 5" incher on, i averaged a little over 400 miles to the tank with aboot2 gallons left when filling up. that was with the prg spacer lift and stock tires. now with the 5 inch lift iget about 300 miles to a tank with 33 inch mud terrains. what i really hate is having to down shift on the big hills.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Jesus, I cannot believe I am the first...

IT IS THE TIRES, not the lift.

My truck got the exact same pre-lift as it did post-lift until I put on new tires.

Stock tires are superlight tires...just replacing those cruddy rubbers with some real meat in the same size costs you 25% weight penalty in rotating mass.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I got 19-20 MPG on the highway before and after the lift...When I put on 285/75's It dropped to about 17-18 MPG's but My speedo is off now so it's not as bad as it looks because I still fill up my take once every two weeks just like before.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
i have 2" up front and 1.5" in back, i get between 20 and 21 mpg, still have stock tires till i redeploy home and put on a 2" bl and 285/75's though. maybe i drive like an old lady.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts