Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys looking to lift my truck here soon...did a little bit of looking around and found some things i likes. I just want to clarify that this will fit onto my truck with minimal rubbing. Also will this void my warranty at all?

Tires
Nitto Mud Grappler NTGMT 33X12.50R17

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Tires/Ni...t_s=159&t_pt=100804&t_pl=3283&t_pn=NIT200-760

Wheels
Xtreme Alloys Series 8089 B 17x8, 6 on 4.5

Xtreme Alloys Series 8089 Black Powder Coated Finish

Lift
PRG Basic Suspension Package

PRG Products

·
Registered
550 Posts
Nice choices. unfortunately you are gonna rub a lot, probably on the bumper and the rear of the fenders
Would a 2" or 3" body lift minimize rubbing and at what point?

·
Registered
874 Posts
I am sure that would help but where I am at right now is that I get a slight rub at the rear of the front fenders, I am at 5.5" in the front and around 4" at the rear (removed mud flaps and front valance and cut some plastic off where the valance was). The thing is my wheels are a 18mm offset with about 5.25" of backspace (roughly what the stocks are on the inner side of the wheel) but because the wheels are wider (8.5") they stick out further causing them to rub a bit when I turn. The farther out you go with the wheels the more they rub, the higher you go with the truck the less they rub.

I personally dont like the looks of a body lift, I am 2wd so the spindles work for me but if you are 4wd its either body lift, DB lift or titan swap, money is gonna be the factor there. If it was me I would do the DB over the body.

With what you have, tsounts, whats your rubbing situation?

·
Registered
550 Posts
With what you have, tsounts, whats your rubbing situation?
Well it's a long story. When I got the 3" PRG suspension and added 285/70R17 STTs on stock wheels I only had some rubbing on the inner frame at full wheel's turn which I didn't like. Then I got me Procomp 8089s with negative offset so as to alleviate the rubbing and after the installation there was terrible rubbing on the outer sections of the front wheel-wells front & rear sections and then it was time for some melting and cutting/re-shaping of metal. Now everything seems to be ok, mind you I had removed the front bumper's valance and mud-flaps a long time ago.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Wow, I like these better than the Procomp ones~! If they were available in my country I would have chosen those!:goodjob: Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts