Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, what's up... this is my first post here on club frontier, just ordered my 06 nismo k/c 4x4, and have a few questions... it seems that the only things out there as far as lift kits go, are leveling kits that make our trucks ride like crap, and bottom out over speedbumps, and $4000 kits... is there any happy medium out there, I want a mild lift on my truck, but I want to keep some of it's street manners too. Thanks for any help!

-Stoney
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,397 Posts
well calmimn got a 5" suspention lift comeing out soon don't know the price yet. here is there web site. www.purenissan.com
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that looks nice... anyone have any idea what that's gonna cost? Or have any other recommendations... Thanks Guys...

-Stoney
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
I want that bumper guard. Where can I get one??
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,397 Posts
outlnder said:
I want that bumper guard. Where can I get one??
you can get them at www.4x4parts.com they got 3 finishes. prices range from $400-650.
goto prerunner acc. in the shop categories.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,397 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,136 Posts
*(Jojo, thanks i've been looking for that bumper but for that price i think i'll just get one done.)* For the lift i would get the SLR but if i were you i'll wait b/c last i heard they're going to have different stages, ps. i dont like the drop down bracket on, so i'll wait.
~Joseph
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,397 Posts
i like the drop down bracket. you lose ground clearance but you'll save your half shafs and the cv joints. than trust me they can get expensive. its decreses the angle of the shafts and puts less strain on the shafts.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,798 Posts
I didn't think the leveling kit change the ride. :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
mike said:
I didn't think the leveling kit change the ride. :?
i've heard the ride doesnt change much from stock but the spacer does not leave room for too much play between the upper spring bucket the upper a-arm. this causes the spring bucket to hit the a-arm on the smalles of bumps and pits.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,589 Posts
I thought they all pretty much (except Calmini who just released theirs) reduced the spacer lifts from 2.5" to 2" so the upper a-arm doesnt hit the coil bucket anymore.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
410 Posts
suspension lifts for the fronteir arnt going to be cheap, your looking at 1000+ atleast.

but if you want a mild cheap lift, find a 3" body lift.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Frontin said:
suspension lifts for the fronteir arnt going to be cheap, your looking at 1000+ atleast.

but if you want a mild cheap lift, find a 3" body lift.
Automotive Customizers has a 2.5" lift for $200. it is a taller coil and either a shackle or add a leaf. it is a mild lift like the spacers. from what i have read on their forums, there is no issue with the upper coil bucket hitting the upper control arm.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
410 Posts
SD_Frontier said:
Frontin said:
suspension lifts for the fronteir arnt going to be cheap, your looking at 1000+ atleast.

but if you want a mild cheap lift, find a 3" body lift.
Automotive Customizers has a 2.5" lift for $200. it is a taller coil and either a shackle or add a leaf. it is a mild lift like the spacers. from what i have read on their forums, there is no issue with the upper coil bucket hitting the upper control arm.
ok i stand corrected lol. but i was more referring to the calmini 5" lift lol.

the 2.5 inch lift would be great with a leaf, but i woudlnt go with a shackle.

now going with a body lift vs. that 2.5 a body lift will give you .5 more lift. more room for tires than a suspension lift will. wont change the suspension so your ride should be the same as it is now.

down side is it might cost about 100 bucks more. i know a 3" body lift for my truck is just under 300, 289 i think. so im sure it would be similar in price.

no matter what one you do thou, your going to get your mild lift and you should be happy with both.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Frontin said:
now going with a body lift vs. that 2.5 a body lift will give you .5 more lift. more room for tires than a suspension lift will. wont change the suspension so your ride should be the same as it is now.
funny thing is 2.5" coils 2.5" spacers, 3" body lift, or 5" suspension lift the largest tires for the 05 and 06 frontiers are still only 33x12.50s and that is with trimming. really the best fit tires for this truck is 32x11.50 regardless of lift
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
538 Posts
SD_Frontin wrote : funny thing is 2.5" coils 2.5" spacers, 3" body lift, or 5" suspension lift the largest tires for the 05 and 06 frontiers are still only 33x12.50s and that is with trimming. really the best fit tires for this truck is 32x11.50 regardless of lift.



I guess I really don't understand what you are saying?
If you lift your frontier with 5" of suspension lift you will definitely be able to get fit bigger wheels and tires on the truck, you just have to make sure they have the proper backspacing.
I guess it all depends on the tire width and diameter combined with the rims diameter and backspacing. Now If you hate rims and tires that stickout past the fenders a little then maybe you have a point. But I would think with 5 inches of lift you would be able to put on a bigger combo without rubbing or trimming?

did I not get what you were saying. All these high temps in Kansas in the winter is warping my brain.[/b]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
kansasfrontier said:
I guess I really don't understand what you are saying?
If you lift your frontier with 5" of suspension lift you will definitely be able to get fit bigger wheels and tires on the truck, you just have to make sure they have the proper backspacing.
I guess it all depends on the tire width and diameter combined with the rims diameter and backspacing. Now If you hate rims and tires that stickout past the fenders a little then maybe you have a point. But I would think with 5 inches of lift you would be able to put on a bigger combo without rubbing or trimming?

did I not get what you were saying. All these high temps in Kansas in the winter is warping my brain.[/b]
well, yes and no. while reasonable backspacing will push the wheel and tire out, the excessive height of the tire will still result in contact with the body or suspension components (even the frame) at full lock. it's been mentioned that the fender cut outs for this truck were not the best designed.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,798 Posts
I agree with SD_Frontin. Why is it that all the lift (2 or 5) say the largest tires that will fit?
Maybe it's rim size like an 8" verse a 10" rim?
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top