Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2017 crew cab sv 4x4
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 17 sv cc 4x4 needs a little lift imo. Have a very small budget been looking at the spacers. Ive seen them come with spacers for front and either a shackle or block for back. What would be better option for back the shackle or block.
About the only offroad it's gonna see is I live on a dirt rd really about it.
What size spacer works best without getting new control arms and all I still have stock 16's . Wheels are on my bucket list for truck but it'll prolly be a while.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
988 Posts
Pick one. A spacer is a spacer. I’ve got shackles on the back & they’re fine, but I’m going HD rear springs eventually. Keep it under 2.5” in the front & you should not need upper control arms. You will need camber bolts if you’re planning on taking it in for an alignment.

If all you want is a little height & dirt cheap is what you’re looking for, a body lift may be the way to go.

·
Registered
159 Posts
A one inch (1") spacer will give about 2" lift in front, probably won't need to raise rear of truck. If you do adjust rear, try air bags for a smoother ride. Definitely will need camber adjustment bolts installed.

·
Registered
200 Posts

Supreme suspension, i have this brand, 2" in the front, 1.5" block in the rear. Does the job, i would.of forked out a couple extra bux and got the Add a Leaf instead of the block for alil bit of a comfortable ride but no big deal to me. Ur gonna need an alignment afterwards and camber bolts so it can get aligned to spec.

·
Registered
2017 crew cab sv 4x4
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pick one. A spacer is a spacer. I’ve got shackles on the back & they’re fine, but I’m going HD rear springs eventually. Keep it under 2.5” in the front & you should not need upper control arms. You will need camber bolts if you’re planning on taking it in for an alignment.

If all you want is a little height & dirt cheap is what you’re looking for, a body lift may be the way to go.
Ive thought about the body lift but I've heard you gotta get special mounts fabricated for bumpers and then I have the all painted front bumper I wouldn't begin to know what I'm doing to make it all work and look good

·
Registered
988 Posts
Ive thought about the body lift but I've heard you gotta get special mounts fabricated for bumpers and then I have the all painted front bumper I wouldn't begin to know what I'm doing to make it all work and look good
I wouldn’t know. I just threw it out there because it is by far the cheapest option. That super cheap spacer lift ain’t so cheap once you figure in a couple hundred for camber bolts & alignment.

·
Registered
2017 crew cab sv 4x4
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn’t know. I just threw it out there because it is by far the cheapest option. That super cheap spacer lift ain’t so cheap once you figure in a couple hundred for camber bolts & alignment.
Thats true nothing is actually cheap anymore. Lol. I'd just like a little higher stance mainly for looks don't need off road capability really. Don't wanna have to buy bigger wheels right now either.

·
Registered
2022 Frontier SV LWB 4x4
578 Posts
It never a good thing when your thinking of going cheap. You will just end up removing it later on and spending more on what you really want. Be patient and save your money and do it properly once.

·
Registered
2017 crew cab sv 4x4
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It never a good thing when your thinking of going cheap. You will just end up removing it later on and spending more on what you really want. Be patient and save your money and do it properly once.
I already know I'd like to go with about 6 but that require new wheels too. I just want a little higher stance till I can do the full lift and new wheels and all. The biggest thing is get the rake out too. I hate it. Lol

·
Registered
2022 Frontier SV LWB 4x4
578 Posts
I already know I'd like to go with about 6 but that require new wheels too. I just want a little higher stance till I can do the full lift and new wheels and all. The biggest thing is get the rake out too. I hate it. Lol
Yeah but by the time you put on the spacers your still going to need the alignment to prevent tire wear. If your patient and just put the money away you will save in the end.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Then I’d suggest just saving up your sheckles & doing that. Or revisit the idea of a body lift. Personally I feel like the 6” drop-bracket kits are a lot money for very little benefit, especially when you factor in the cost of new wheels & tires that are required to run em. Biggest tire you can fit without major trimming is the same (33”) whether you lift it two inches or six, so what are you really gaining? If I had drop-bracket money, I’d Titan swap. Good luck.

Reactions: Longbedlife

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Well, there's a forum member here who's about to take his 6"fabtech off and sell it in favor of Titan swapping, so look for him if you want to put an offer on his take off parts

1 - 14 of 14 Posts