Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know there is a ton of threads out there on the subject, but, what is the best lift. I would like to go big but if it is reengineering the suspension I don't think I want to tackle that. I would like to at least be able to get it done in a weekend with out too much help. I could get a welder if really needed but I would need help with that, as welding is not my strong suit.

Let me know what you guys think.

Matt

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been looking at those, but I hear about other kits but I haven't had much luck finding them. Like the kit you have how much was that? where did you get it and what package?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
dont EVER buy from crapmini, not just cuz their products are lame blue

go with AC or SLR

and like hertz said... this has been covered a ton

·
Registered
515 Posts
x2 on the SLR setup....super awesome!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dont EVER buy from crapmini, not just cuz their products are lame blue

go with AC or SLR

and like hertz said... this has been covered a ton
I even said that I am sure it has been covered in many threads, and I have read the stickys of the 1st gen forums.
But this is what really isn't covered or easily searched for:
that calmini is junk and talking about other brands. where can I find these AC or SLR kits?

·
Registered
515 Posts
AC is easy to find Spencer Low Racing isn't....lol

·
Registered
1,898 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
yeah more info ppl i'm looking to find a suspention lift for my 1st gen too! also i have a question how hard is it to do a body lift in one?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Body lifts are not "hard" to install. However, they can be a huge pain in the neck and can take a whole weekend depending on how mechanically inclined you are, the tools you've got, how much help you can round up, how much crap you break, and whether or not you're a patient person.

Regardless of the difficulty of the install, If you want my opinion, body lifts look ugly, especially if thats the only lift you have on the truck.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i plan on doing the 3" suspention lift with the 3" body lift ive seen a few first gens running around that way they look pretty good in my books

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
There's nothing wrong with having just a body lift. I mean hey not everyone can afford a suspension lift, they are expensive. I just don't like how you can see so much of the frame. some rock sliders or nerf bars hides it a little.

Be sure to keep us updated with pics of your truck as you go lil_max!

·
Registered
99 Posts
oh i will soon as i get everything together and get started man

1 - 14 of 14 Posts