1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
My response would be, " SOrry sir, came from the factory like that."

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
so disconnect the abs. play some hardball.

can you post the vc section? i would be interested as to what the verbage states.

·
Registered
257 Posts
yep, It has been on the books since at least 2003. If you disconnect the ABS you also fail inspection. here is a snippet from a lift law site:(Lift Laws - Suspension Lifts, Body Lifts, Ride Height)

Maine

Headlights: Don't even think about going higher than 54 inches. However, keep in mind that the original suspension cannot be "disconnected", but don't let that stop you from bolting on heavy-duty shocks and overload springs. Other need-to-knows: Don't remove or disconnect the ABS, and the tires can be only two sizes larger than the manufacturer's recommendation. Spring-shackle extensions are also a no-no.

Yep...no fun for us...

·
Registered
69 Posts
WHAT?!?? Are you serious!? I've been wanting to lift my truck for the longest time.. and right when I get close to having the money, the state of Maine sticks it up my ***.. wtf... oh well, I'll just have to buy an old jeep and lift that..

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
No, not true (surely you've noticed all the lifted trucks here, right?). YOu can change the tire sizes and you can lift an ABS-equipped vehicle. What you can't do (or more accurately, not supposed to do) is use blocks and shackles, but a "real" lift kit is permissible. Read the official inspection manual (page 66)and never mind what some outdated message board tells you. You can also call the inspection station to confirm (I did...he just said no blocks and shackles and it has to be within a certain height limitation; nothing about ABS). Also, there's a guy here on this site who has blocks and up sized tires and they didn't notice.
http://www.maine.gov/dps/msp/licenses/Inspection Manual.pdf

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
What about all the trucks you can buy from the dealer like Ford, GM and Dodge that are lifted at the dealer? They have them down here, and in Colorado when I was living there. Brand new trucks with 6" lifts on them. Like the No Fear Titan?

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
What's next...are they going to cancel fireworks and fairs.
Some gov'ts have too much time on their hands. What I would ask is why are they passing pointless laws such as this one when I am sure there are real problems with homeless, low income and elderly people.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts