Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing a ton of research on leveling / mini lift kits. Truck is a brand new 09 CC 4x4. I've narrowed it down to the following and would like some opinions.

Bilstein adjustable shocks. Can get for $187 for the pair. 1" blocks and Ubolts are $70 Total with shipping $270 ish.

PRG mini lift with blocks. $250 shipped.

I looked at the Rancho quick lift, but not sure.

I really like the idea of the bilsteins. Getting a quality shock and the option to adjust the ride height seems like a no brainer.

Everyone talks good things about PRG too. Like the idea of easy install, but only getting a spacer vs an entire replacement shock for only a little less money. I do have a spring compressor.

Here are a few concerns/questions:

Neither kit comes with cam bolts, if I do not go over 2"s of lift are they required?

Dont really want to deal with coil bucket contact. The truck is primarily driver on the road. I know PRG's or any spacer kit can result in contact, but havent read anything on the adjustable shocks. Can these have issues as well?

Any feedback would be appreciated. There is lots of info on PRG stuff, but nothing for the Bilstein adjustables (had to go over to Yotatech and read some Tacoma reviews fo any sort of info)

Thanks!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No replies?

Checked with Greg at PRG, Front bilsteins, rear blocks, and cam bolts $339 shipped.

Member on here as a brand new 2" PRG kit for $200 shipped. (no cam bolts)

Received an email from Greg at PRG and he advised the Bilsteins adjusted at 2"s would ride like crap. Knew it was too good to be true...

·
Registered
10 Posts
go with the READY LIFT KIT! It comes with everything that you need to be set up right. They leave nothing out.

Camber bolts. check
shackles vs blocks. check.
bump stops. check
strut extensions. check

none of this well you may need or just dont need crap. This kit has everything to do it right the first time. They even claim it does not put any extra stress on your ball joints which I know people who have had this problem.

and YES you can get a factory alignment with this kit.

I am sure there is other great brands out there and not many people use this one. There is a lot of bias people out there.

Just remember not all KITS are the same. Tell me what other kits come with all this? They have a great warranty too.

I have heard great things with Greg over at PRG.

Joshua

·
Registered
60 Posts
go with the READY LIFT KIT! It comes with everything that you need to be set up right. They leave nothing out.

Camber bolts. check
shackles vs blocks. check.
bump stops. check
strut extensions. check

none of this well you may need or just dont need crap. This kit has everything to do it right the first time. They even claim it does not put any extra stress on your ball joints which I know people who have had this problem.

and YES you can get a factory alignment with this kit.

I am sure there is other great brands out there and not many people use this one. There is a lot of bias people out there.

Just remember not all KITS are the same. Tell me what other kits come with all this? They have a great warranty too.

I have heard great things with Greg over at PRG.

Joshua
+1

ive had my ready lift for about a year now and it works and looks great. cant beat the price

·
Registered
6 Posts
primarily being a driver on the road and knowing how aftermarket shock lifts tend to change the ride by requiring spring compression to obtain the lift, which stiffens the ride. I suggest a spacer kit like readylift that mounts on top of you factory coil-over(strut) assembly and keeps the factory ride(requires NO spring compression, but allows you to gain a desired lift and enhanced ground clearance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just installeed my readylift kit on MY09 Se cc. IT took about threee hours and no problems. Got mine for $250

1 - 7 of 7 Posts