Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the world of Nissan I have an 01 king cab SE what what be a good choice for a lift kit or what should I use I did some reading on here and found the brands I was looking at were no good and I do alot of off roading. Second what is the safe height you can lift with just torqing the torsion bars. And where to find a bruhs gaurd?
Thank you

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
you can get an 1.5 lift from just cranking the bars
3inchs with Calmini or AC upper arms with AC being the better choice

rear AC ad a leaf is the best bet

also if you wheel brush guards are a very bad idea they will damage your truck. I cant count the number of brush guards I've taken off in the parking lot before a run.

4x4parts.com is a good source for parts

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Cranking up your torsion bars 1"-1.5" is a good idea for ground clearance. It's also free if you do sit yourself, just check to see if you need an alignment. If you have a few bucks to spend, look into Calmini. For about a grand you get a 3" suspension lift, which you still need to install. If your short on cash, crank the torsion bar, and maybe do a 2"-3" body lift. You won't get any ground clearance from a body lift, but you will from the bigger tires it will allow you to put on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much I am going to do the torsion crank for now and I am going to save up for the Calmini lift kit and winch front bumper along with there side rock gaurds so I can take off the factory nerf bars I keep scraping them on rocks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.