Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we get closer to the weekend and closer to me installing my Rough Country leveling kit, I started doing more reading. What all do I need besides just the kit? Has anyone put a full list of components needed for a spacer lift? If so please point me in the right direction! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts
Do you have or did you buy camber bolts?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Spacer...hardware...shackles or aal (new u bolts if aal).

Tools
Jack, jack stands, breaker bar (lower shock bolt is torqued to 155lbs), socket set and box wrenches. I like wrenches because 2 of the top coiloiver bolts are hard to reach and I have spc upper control arms

I believe top nuts were 14mm (mine are now 15mm) and lower bolts I use a 7/8 wrench because I have those and they work ok. Haven't rounded anything and my truck comes apart twice a year for me to inspect it

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking at a thread on here that someone’s ‘17 SV had camber bolts from the factory. I just looked and mine looks to have the same. Will go take a pic shortly and post here and hopefully someone can confirm this

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Doubt you have adjustable lower control arm bolts (cam bolts) stock. You can tell because the bolt is mounted within an eccentric washer.

I would also get this tool prior to install. It is typically listed as a pitman arm puller, but works great for disconnecting the upper balljoint from the knuckle.

https://www.harborfreight.com/tie-rod-and-pitman-arm-puller-62708.html

·
Registered
492 Posts
Doubt you have adjustable lower control arm bolts (cam bolts) stock. You can tell because the bolt is mounted within an eccentric washer.

I would also get this tool prior to install. It is typically listed as a pitman arm puller, but works great for disconnecting the upper balljoint from the knuckle.

https://www.harborfreight.com/tie-rod-and-pitman-arm-puller-62708.html
I had fun fighting mine yesterday when I was reinstalling, damn sud just kept twisting so I had to get creative with prybars wd40 c clamps and wire brush to get the threads super clean

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
I had fun fighting mine yesterday when I was reinstalling, damn sud just kept twisting so I had to get creative with prybars wd40 c clamps and wire brush to get the threads super clean
New ball joints are tight and the studs do not spin. Old ones however are all loosey goosey and spin. I think that last time I did it I used an impact (set to low, wish I had some torque limiting extensions) and zipped them on. Once, the nut is snug, it will not spin and you can torque.

·
Registered
492 Posts
New ball joints are tight and the studs do not spin. Old ones however are all loosey goosey and spin. I think that last time I did it I used an impact (set to low, wish I had some torque limiting extensions) and zipped them on. Once, the nut is snug, it will not spin and you can torque.
Ready for the funny part? After about an hour of fighting it I realized the shock but didn't go on and tried the ball joint nut and what do you know, went right on haha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The lift is all on. Had no issues at all with the ball joint or anything. Got my camber bolts in the mail this week. Going for an alignment in the next coming weeks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts