Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have decided after a week of ownership that it is time to begin the mods. I am not happy with the poor front end height - can't drive over anything without tearing up plastic stuff.

Would like to do a lift. Have reviewed the options but have not decided. Main hesitation is related to warrenty. I am guessing that as soon as I make the mod, my warrenty is shot. Have moded in the past but always out of warranty (older cars/jeeps).

Any opinions or experiences out there?

Thanks

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
know your rights,

per federal law a dealer must prove that the modification caused the failure. ie they cant void it. if your intake has an issue they cant say the lift caused it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
yeah i'm in the same boat. I might go talk to the guys in the service department at the dealership i bought it from and ask their perspective on it.

i'm still trying to determine what lift to do up front. I just want to be able to clear 33's and i'd be happy.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Of course, if the suspension pieces you install fail, they will not be covered under Nissan warranty. If anything related to the suspension components fails, they will more than likely try to blame it on your aftermarket parts. Of course, you could always remove a simple lift kit before taking it in for service or warranty work. Irongrave summed it up nice and simple.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Irongrave and Domo. I have read up on the laws and you are totally correct. In practice, however, I have heard horror stories where unrelated mods are claimed to be the cause of something and when the owner fought back siting the law, the manufacturer - not necessarily the dealer - has denied the claim.

Will probably do it anyway and roll the dice. So now the question is, do I go with something simple or something more robust. Not likely to be doing any hardcore offroading.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have only had my truck a few months, and I put on a PRG mini lift. I called my dealer and they told me as long as I wasn't replacing any factory parts that it would not void my warranty, so adding the spacers and blocks was ok.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Will probably do it anyway and roll the dice. So now the question is, do I go with something simple or something more robust. Not likely to be doing any hardcore offroading.
I'm in the same boat. I can't decide whether to do 2"/1" with some spacers/shackles or do it up nicer and go for shocks/spindle/aal. Then again I might trade for an H3 or Nissan SUV so who knows! Hopefully I figure it out before I need new tires, lol.
I don't do much offroading either though, not much around here unless I want to go out to Ocala (that I know of anyway).

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
go ahead and put on a leveling kit, like the prg. im not plugging the company, but they have good products and decent service. i personally have the calmini 5" kit and been to the dealer a few times. no probs, and some compliments too. the trick is, like irongrave said, is to know the law. i think magnusson warrenty act or something like that. i had the prg kit on for about a year with stock tires and it made it look so much better. make sure you get it aligned too. most likely youll have to get the camber bolts. good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts