Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put 33's or 35's on my Pro4X. Can some of you guys send me some pics on what I can expect it to look like? I don't want it to look too big, but I want it to look tougher then it does now. Any help would be great!

:comphead:

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Almost all lifted trucks have 33s on this site so just look around at almost any pic with a lift. 35s are only a handful because they need gears to be done correctly and most don't want to go to that level and gears have now just started to hit the market.

Do yourself and everyone else a favor and browse the forum for a bit. There is a ton of info at your finger tips.

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
But gears still aren't available for the front diff on our rigs. There are some being made for a Titan front diff, but that would involve you having to do a Titan front diff swap (between $2-$3000).

My truck has 33s. But as Dubie stated, just about every truck on this site that has a lift is running 33s. 35s are rare around here due to previously mentioned issues. H-Town is running 35s, and he is the only one I can think of off the top of my head, but there are a few more.

If you go to the "forums" link then scroll down to "2nd Gen build threads" you will find a lot of pictures of our trucks. Or some members provided a link to their build in their signature block. You can click on "My build thread" next to the picture in my signature and it will take you to a list of everything on my truck and pictures of what my truck used to look like and what it looks like now.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys for the info. I looked over the site last night for a couple of hours and didn't find the info or pics I needed. I'm glad I asked before I did the 35's and ended up with more problems. So 33's it is! Best of luck to all my Fronty friends!

Joe:comphead:

But gears still aren't available for the front diff on our rigs. There are some being made for a Titan front diff, but that would involve you having to do a Titan front diff swap (between $2-$3000).

My truck has 33s. But as Dubie stated, just about every truck on this site that has a lift is running 33s. 35s are rare around here due to previously mentioned issues. H-Town is running 35s, and he is the only one I can think of off the top of my head, but there are a few more.

If you go to the "forums" link then scroll down to "2nd Gen build threads" you will find a lot of pictures of our trucks. Or some members provided a link to their build in their signature block. You can click on "My build thread" next to the picture in my signature and it will take you to a list of everything on my truck and pictures of what my truck used to look like and what it looks like now.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Shift_this' old truck

PRG 2.5'' spacer/1.5'' block (mini lift), 18x8.5'' Mazzi wheels, 285/65/18 BFG

like frontyfan said most trucks WITH lifts run 33's. i'm not too sure but i think you can fit 33's on stock rims with minimal rubbing and maybe some trimming but if you are going to get aftermarket wheels, you most definitely need atleast a small lift. there's a thread called "wheels that fit" you may want to search that as well. goodluck!

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think my truck looks a little anemic. I want a tougher stance and just a beefier look to it. Once I get done with the bumpers and stuff, the stock stance just won't look right. The other thing I want to avoid is to put a lift and tires on it and have all kinds of open room in the wheel wells, like the truck is sitting on blocks. I've had a bunch of people give me input, and it seems like the best way to go is 33's w/o having to worry about drive angles, bearings, gears and such. Just seems a waste to put all this work into it and have to settle for tires 2" bigger then the stock ones I have on it now. I just don't want to have to start switching axles and stuff. I honestly have no intention of taking to to Moab or doing any hard core off roading. Most of what I'll do is driving back and forth to work in 2+ feet of snow and the occasional kamakazie white tail deer. But since this truck is my present to myself for going to Iraq, I want to make it as unique and nice as possible.

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Check out prgproducts.com there are several lift kits on there. Three inch lifts max but they are great lifts. You can also check out the photo gallery ontheir site. Each picture has a general list of parts on it.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info, and thanks to everyone else that has given me input. I'll be sure to post the build pics.

)ne other question for you, I have always used BFG AT's on all my trucks, and they are great in the snow(great compactability with the smaller lugs) I love the look of the rubber you have on your truck. Ever used them in snow? I'm told that mud terrain tires aren't the best in snow, because they shed the compacted snow, where the AT's hold on to it and give you traction. What are your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
I can't comment on the snow. It doesn't snow much around here but the tires have been amazing in everything else. Not bad on the wallet either.

Just be sure to buy the right lift the first time around. Otherwise you will pay more in the long run.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So you think I'll be ok with just a small suspention lift huh?

I finished Phase I today: ARE cap

Phase II will be wheels, tires, lift. Phase III will be front and rear bumpers(with a 9000 LB winch on each end from Iron Bull Bumpers and a roof rack that will cover the cap, with 4, 150 watt KC's.

I'm going to put a heavy-duty slide-out for the bed, and I'm going to see if I can have Iron Bull fab me a swing-out spare holder for the back bumper, so I don't have to take up the little space I have in the bed with the spare and stuff.

IF you have done any of this, let me know. I want to get everything done right the first time. Thanks again for your input.

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
For what you want to do be sure to buy a lift kit with aftermarket coilovers not spacers. Also search for kamikazes build thread he has a tire carrier/tailgate you may be looking for I think the company is swing away or something like that.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
old tires

Just to put it out there, when I get my new rims and tires, would anyone be interested in the old ones? Don't need them junking them up the garage, the rims are perfect and the rubber only has 15000 on them. Don't know how much I want, but it will be reasonable. They are the Pro4X rims with the BFG Long Country's:comphead: I think. It's still a few months away, but if you know anyone, get the word out, or if you see a post I don't let me know.

Peffect, thanks!

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Someone is always looking for a set of rims and tires if the price is right but that is the key, the price must be right.

Once you start to look at heavy bumpers and winches, you almost requires coilovers. Spacers or simple coils on oem shocks are not going to do it. You need the correct valving and spring rate to make it all work together.

Now with the rugged look that you are going for, 33s would be a start but 35 will make it all pop. I'd suggest that you start with the 33s and in a year and a half when they wear out, see if gears are more reasonable and then go 35s.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm in Austin, Texas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts