Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install a levelling kit on my 2016 pro4x frontier , anyone have any recommendations. I want to install 285 tires on my factory rims and I like the level look , no rake . My truck sits pretty much Level since I have a canopy on it . Thanks for any info .

·
Registered
129 Posts
You won't be able to fit 285 with just a leveling kit. Look into coilovers. Even then you will still need to trip your fenders

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,110 Posts
You won't be able to fit 285 with just a leveling kit. Look into coilovers. Even then you will still need to trip your fenders
Well that's not 100% true at all. Some people have fit 285s with just melt/molding their inner fenders and no spacer. I ran 285s with a 3" leveling kit and no fender modifications. I have been on coil overs for over 5 years and I have never trimmed my fenders. So, I guess all of this is bad advice.

OP - there is a suspension Sticky to review that has various options to consider. Levelling kits are very cost effective for adding larger tires - not everyone can afford or needs coils.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well that's not 100% true at all. Some people have fit 285s with just melt/molding their inner fenders and no spacer. I ran 285s with a 3" leveling kit and no fender modifications. I have been on coil overs for over 5 years and I have never trimmed my fenders. So, I guess all of this is bad advice.

OP - there is a suspension Sticky to review that has various options to consider. Levelling kits are very cost effective for adding larger tires - not everyone can afford or needs coils.
Now that all depends on what kinda driving you do. If you never take it off road maybe it will work. Start flexing at all and the tire is gonna eat fender. I forget most of y'all don't even touch dirt.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,110 Posts
Now that all depends on what kinda driving you do. If you never take it off road maybe it will work. Start flexing at all and the tire is gonna eat fender. I forget most of y'all don't even touch dirt.
Let's not make assumptions - my truck sees plenty of off-roading. I've ripped off items, dented many side panels, bent my rear frame, and even with a leveling kit I never needed to trim my fenders - the 285s never "ate" them. With more flex provided with my coils and after market UCAs, my 285s have never "ate" my fenders. So, I speak from 10 years of wheeling my Frontier, using both a spacer and then coils.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Let's not make assumptions - my truck sees plenty of off-roading. I've ripped off items, dented many side panels, bent my rear frame, and even with a leveling kit I never needed to trim my fenders - the 285s never "ate" them. With more flex provided with my coils and after market UCAs, my 285s have never "ate" my fenders. So, I speak from 10 years of wheeling my Frontier, using both a spacer and then coils.
Well now your talking about a bunch of things the op didn't ask about. He didn't mention anything about new uca's spacers or new coils or even adjustable shocks. Just 2" spacers on top of his shocks. Basic leveling kit.

·
Registered
985 Posts
To Trim or not to Trim

Hmmmmm the age old question of will I have to trim with 285's

There some variable factors ......
How much spacer lift the leveling kit is?
285's vary in size by manufacturer brand and model of tire.

The OP is just going to have to do what the rest of us have done, install the lift and tires and see where you are at.

Anyway if you do have to trim ,you may just have to trim part of the inner mud flap and or some metal.
Here is a link to an excellent write up that fellow clubfrontier member "Raine" did on his build thread:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f103/raine-s-2014-4x4-keira-build-thread-218506/index16.html

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Well now your talking about a bunch of things the op didn't ask about. He didn't mention anything about new uca's spacers or new coils or even adjustable shocks. Just 2" spacers on top of his shocks. Basic leveling kit.
Even with just a spacer lift you can fit 285's without 'tearing stuff out', the key is what wheels (specifically the offset) the OP will use.

Hmmmmm the age old question of will I have to trim with 285's

Anyway if you do have to trim ,you may just have to trim part of the inner mud flap and or some metal.
Here is a link to an excellent write up that fellow clubfrontier member "Raine" did on his build thread:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f103/raine-s-2014-4x4-keira-build-thread-218506/index16.html
Hey that's me LOL ::wink::

1 - 8 of 8 Posts