Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I have a 2008 4x4 Frontier and was wondering what you guys thought about a leveling kit for it. I don't do much off-roading, but I want just a little more height. I'm thinking a 2 inch spacer in the front and 1 inch block in the rear. Thoughts?? Let me know what you guys have done to your 2nd gen and any recommendations on brands/types of kits I should look at. Many thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
All your answers are in the sticky linked by MT Mike. Please read through the first few posts =)

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
I'll be honest with you, I just recently installed the Readylift kit on my Pro4x and i'm not completely satisfied with the final result. I dont like how the front sits noticeably higher than the rear and truly its still not high enough all around for the look i'm going for but for the price and the ease of installation I cant complain too much. I do think i will wind up doing a 1 in. body lift in the near future before I purchase my new rims and 33's and I'm hoping between that and the leveling kit i wont have any clearance issues at full turn. Anything is better than the stock ride height IMO. Definitely shop around and do your research before buying your kit there's plenty of before/after pictures around here to see what your final result will be.

-Paul

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
I'll be honest with you, I just recently installed the Readylift kit on my Pro4x and i'm not completely satisfied with the final result. I dont like how the front sits noticeably higher than the rear and truly its still not high enough all around for the look i'm going for but for the price and the ease of installation I cant complain too much. I do think i will wind up doing a 1 in. body lift in the near future before I purchase my new rims and 33's and I'm hoping between that and the leveling kit i wont have any clearance issues at full turn. Anything is better than the stock ride height IMO. Definitely shop around and do your research before buying your kit there's plenty of before/after pictures around here to see what your final result will be.

-Paul
Speaking of research... did you bother to read the ReadyLift product information before buying the kit? The ReadyLift clearly says "Not for Pro-4X if you want a level stance" and you found out why - because the Pro-4X is higher up front out of the factory ::wink::

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Speaking of research... did you bother to read the ReadyLift product information before buying the kit? The ReadyLift clearly says "Not for Pro-4X if you want a level stance" and you found out why - because the Pro-4X is higher up front out of the factory ::wink::
yes I read that prior to purchase :serious: , I saw some other pictures of Pro-4x's with the kit installed and pretty much convinced myself it wasn't THAT noticable...of course when I see it on a daily basis its just another jab at my OCD. Would it be as simple as getting a set of bigger shackles on the rear to "level" out my leveling kit? If so do you have any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
I'll be honest with you, I just recently installed the Readylift kit on my Pro4x and i'm not completely satisfied with the final result. I dont like how the front sits.Definitely shop around and do your research before buying your kit there's plenty of before/after pictures around here to see what your final result will be.
-Paul
You did a disservice to Readylift. Being not satisfied with the results was clearly your fault. They specially told you that it would not work on your vehicle and still you made the purchase. You should have explained that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the same issue and mines a LE. I really hope the front end will settle. It really bothers me the front is higher then the rear. I’m waiting on a response email from ReadyLift to see what they say. I hope I didn’t do all that work installing it for nothing.

-Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts