Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to put the 2.5 leveling kit on and just curious what is the best tire size. I really like the 255/85 on factory wheels but not decided. The after market cam bolts do you really need them on just a leveling kit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I will answer the second question first. Yes! you need the cam bolts for any lift over 1.5" to get the alignment done correctly. Some 2005 frontiers came with these bolts from the factory but other than that you will need them. Rough country has all 4 required for $26 shipped.

First question, a lot will have to do with you you want to do. I started with 265/70/16 but I wanted a little more clearance and also for the gearing on my 6speed to be a little taller.I went with 265/75/16 which is about an inch taller. For me this was perfect. I would have liked to go 285/75/16 for 2" taller than stock, however I figured that would be much too tall of gearing for my truck driving the mountain passes. So again a lot depends on what you want them to do and a mixture of ground clearance/power/gearing and also what kind of tread patterns are available in the size you are looking for

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. After debating on it I'm thinking about master craft cxt's. Their almost 32" and weight is less than any brand comparable , size wise. The mxt's are nice too a little taller than your standard 265/75r16 but only 2# more than the 265/70r16 that I'm running now. I'm ordering the lift this weekend hopefully be able to get it on during the Christmas holidays.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts